The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Maker
I know history, you know nothing.

Although history is relevant to this inquiry moreso than most political questions insofar as it allows us to be aware of the economic, political and social conditions existing at the time, in general history is a spectacularly bad aid to political argument. Clearly, it can provide no doctrinal or conceptual argument - that is the province of political theory, and moral and political philosophy, which history examines merely to explain the conditions persisting within given time periods, nor as justifications for beliefs. Similarly, it is terrible at providing empirical evidence. The conditions, not only of domestic and international politics, but of the way people live in general, change too quickly for history to develop a useful sample size - certainly, nearly everything which happened more than about 50-60 years ago is irrelevant to politics in 2015. The fact that something has happened before is not a good reason to believe that it will happen again, especially with any degree of predictability.
If we listened then Britain wouldn't be like it is today enoch was more than right cause he said we must be mad to be permitting the anual inflow of 50,000 immigrants, which was unfortunatley grossly underestimated by todays standards since there's even more than that arriving. mosley also said "there will be nothing but trouble" if you know the speech, you'll know what i'm on about and it happens to be true. so these are the facts, not necesarily my views but yeah
Reply 22
Original post by Ellie_0147
so these are the facts, not necesarily my views but yeah

Not necessarily your views?

What motivated you to create a new account, put a profile pic against it and then reply to a thread last posted on six years ago....?

Like if I look at your other two posts will they be about Powell too...?
Thread closed due to age

Latest

Trending

Trending