The Student Room Group

If post A2 I achieve 4 A stars will I be autopooled for Cambridge Maths.

Or is it if you are rejected, then that is it - you are rejected.
Reply 1
Original post by JacksonW
Or is it if you are rejected, then that is it - you are rejected.

If you applied before A2 and were rejected then you've been rejected no matter what you go on to achieve.

BUT if you then do well and for example get 4A*s you can reapply, but you're re-starting the process from scratch and would have to give up any places at other unis.

You would also have to take STEP if you haven't already done it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
There is no autopool whatsoever for maths (pre or post Alevel)
Reply 3
Original post by newblood
There is no autopool whatsoever for maths (pre or post Alevel)

I feared so, so essentially if they reject you then bb, no waitlist etc.

Is this only for maths/medicine?

Original post by jneill
If you applied before A2 and were rejected then you've been rejected no matter what you go on to achieve.

BUT if you then do well and for example get 4A*s you can reapply, but you're re-starting the process from scratch and would have to give up any places at other unis.

You would also have to take STEP if you haven't already done it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh right I understand thank you for the reply.

Does getting 4A* and applying for maths ensure an interview, the above user said that there is no autopool for maths is this the case for other subjects.
Reply 4
Original post by JacksonW
I feared so, so essentially if they reject you then bb, no waitlist etc.

Is this only for maths/medicine?

Oh right I understand thank you for the reply.

Does getting 4A* and applying for maths ensure an interview, the above user said that there is no autopool for maths is this the case for other subjects.

Correct 4 A* for Maths or Medicine doesn't guarantee an interview, but it would make one pretty likely.

Also, just because there's no auto pool doesn't mean someone CAN'T be pooled. It just means it's not guaranteed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by jneill
Correct 4 A* for Maths or Medicine doesn't guarantee an interview, but it would make one pretty likely.

Also, just because there's no auto pool doesn't mean someone CAN'T be pooled. It just means it's not guaranteed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I see thank you sir!

Good luck in your exams :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending