The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

How about Samara Plaza and Samara letting agency?

I'm now looking for a new apartment. Can anyone comment on the Samara Plaza and Samara letting agency? The apartment I've viewed is good and most important, it's so close to the uni. I'm thinking about signing a contract with them. Many thanks.
Reply 1
One od my friends lives at samara plaza, the rooms look cramed as the kitchen and everything is packed in such a small place.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Tried looking for flats with Samara. Never again.
Original post by kittykatxoxo
Tried looking for flats with Samara. Never again.

Hi, thank you for your reply. What's wrong with that? I've just signed the contract with them yesterday.
Original post by iceman95
One od my friends lives at samara plaza, the rooms look cramed as the kitchen and everything is packed in such a small place.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, thank you for your reply. That's true, but it's so close to the campus.
Reply 5
i signed through them for a 2 bedroom flat next to the business school, helpful receptionist but unsure of the quality of the actual property until i've moved in a stayed there for a while. a brief glance is never enough to know how it will be during your lease.
Original post by afshan93
i signed through them for a 2 bedroom flat next to the business school, helpful receptionist but unsure of the quality of the actual property until i've moved in a stayed there for a while. a brief glance is never enough to know how it will be during your lease.

Are you just signed the contract? I've just did that last week. Hope everything will go well during the lease.
I found the house in horrible conditions, dirty and things broken. We had to ask them to come and clean it again, they didn't do it much better. Extractor fan with oil, spiders in all the rooms, cigar butts in my room, fridge trays dirty, dirt behind the sofas and furniture, hair in my bed, kitchen faucet with water spots, increadibly dirty behind the beds. All this show that, if the apartment has been cleaned, it was not done thoughtfully at all, not even swept the rooms properly. Took photos for evidence. Not even broomed. Broken things were not fixed when requested, only removed and not provided others. They left us without hot water a hole weekend. Works in the building all through the year made the life quality awful (noise, dirt). Elevator always broken and not fixed quickly. They never solve your problems, always say that is another company the one in charge of your issue. Even though we received the house in awful conditions, when we left the house they managed to find one single thing dirty (even though the rest was much better than previously) and made us pay 70 pounds. Cheeky people, money machines, they do not care about tenants, only take advantage of the situation, Unpresentable.
I found the house in horrible conditions, dirty and things broken. We had to ask them to come and clean it again, they didn't do it much better. Extractor fan with oil, spiders in all the rooms, cigar butts in my room, fridge trays dirty, dirt behind the sofas and furniture, hair in my bed, kitchen faucet with water spots, increadibly dirty behind the beds. All this show that, if the apartment has been cleaned, it was not done thoughtfully at all, not even swept the rooms properly. Took photos for evidence. Not even broomed. Broken things were not fixed when requested, only removed and not provided others. They left us without hot water a hole weekend. Works in the building all through the year made the life quality awful (noise, dirt). Elevator always broken and not fixed quickly. They never solve your problems, always say that is another company the one in charge of your issue. Even though we received the house in awful conditions, when we left the house they managed to find one single thing dirty (even though the rest was much better than previously) and made us pay 70 pounds. Cheeky people, money machines, they do not care about tenants, only take advantage of the situation, Unpresentable.
Reply 9
Hi, How was your experience with them? Did you get your full deposit back as that seems to be a problem for most people.

Quick Reply

Latest