The Student Room Group

Whats the HARDEST A-LEVEL subject your opinion

and why,is it the biggest step up or most complicated or?

also how does it compare with ur other options

made a similar thread for easiest a level http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3426105
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
in my opinion, a language because it's so hard to predict what you'll get no matter how good you're at it because it depends on the paper and your luck. But no seriously, if you are thinking of taking chemistry and you're not very good at it right now i suggest you dont omg i love it but its so hard
Chemistry by far.
Chemistry.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Physics followed by Chemistry.
Physics for sure. People say 'if you're good at Maths, you should be good at Physics' but trust me, it doesn't work like that :frown:
Reply 7
Chemistry by far

Posted from TSR Mobile
Media
All stem subjects. Every other A level subject is soft.
Probably further maths or one of the sciences, but Media is easily the most boring.
Original post by SheLikeTheMango
Physics for sure. People say 'if you're good at Maths, you should be good at Physics' but trust me, it doesn't work like that :frown:

I disagree, I do virtually no work for physics because my maths ability just carries me through.
A Level Chemistry is the spawn of satan
Original post by Basit2010
All stem subjects. Every other A level subject is soft.

stem subjects all you have to do is bash out past papers to get the a*
Chemistry
I take chem, phys, maths and bio.
Phys>Maths>Chem>Bio
Bio isn't a even a real science lmao. Physics is my favorite, although dropping it bc I'm terrible.
Creative Writing obviously Imean look how hard it is to write two stories in a 2 hour exam! PWhoar!
Original post by Jai Sandhu
I disagree, I do virtually no work for physics because my maths ability just carries me through.

Depends what board you do for Physics, I do OCR B and I feel it lacks a lot of maths. Which board do you do and what parts of maths are you using in Physics?
Original post by SheLikeTheMango
Depends what board you do for Physics, I do OCR B and I feel it lacks a lot of maths. Which board do you do and what parts of maths are you using in Physics?

Doing Edexcel which does not have a huge amount of maths, AQA is entirely all maths, I wish I did that board. I just use mechanics and general logic/mathematical fluency to solve the maths in physics. Since the maths in physics is roughly half the marks, you need to score over half on the remaining parts to get an A.
Reply 19
STEM: Chemistry - just the sheer size of it all.
Humanities: Philosophy - it will turn your mind upside down and inside out.

Quick Reply

Latest