The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Do I count? I'm English and History. Think I'm in too according to confusing Durham track (i.e. says college has received my application).
I applied to Castle so no chance of getting in there. Where did you apply? x
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Reblet
Do I count? I'm English and History. Think I'm in too according to confusing Durham track (i.e. says college has received my application).
I applied to Castle so no chance of getting in there. Where did you apply? x

Congratulations if you are!!
When did that come up?
I'm applying for history & english too...
waiting nervously...
Reply 3
Oooh, yay, yes you both count!

Sounds like you might have an offer, Reblet - mine said that, but the offer didn't come up for a few days after that.

I applied for Trevelyan.
Reply 4
I really hope it does mean I got in! After Oxford rejection I need at least one offer haha. Janey by the bye we applied to all the same unis for the same course except for Leeds (I applied to Queen Mary's in London instead). York made you an offer? Still waiting on them... and the rest haha.
The track status on Durham changed yesterday but not sure if it means I'm definitely in - track is apparently a tad unreliable.
So you're definitely in then NickiM? Well done! x
Reply 5
I feel really lucky, I got my Durham offer at the beginning of December, and I really wanted to go there, so I knew if I got rejected by Cambridge, I would have Durham. The status of Durham Track is interested. In the days before my offer, it had a conflicting message. UCAS Track is the one to go by.

Yes, if I get AAA (gulp), I'm definitely going to Durham :smile:
Reply 6
Oh dear I really hope my Durham track is right otherwise might have a mental breakdown! haha. Why are all the unis so slow?! No offers so far when everyone I know has at least three. Garrr. x
Reply 7
Which unis did you apply for? I am lucky and have all replies now, but my form was sent off on October 2.
Reply 8
I sent mine off October 10th so would've thought I'd get something by now! Applied for Oxford, Durham, York, Edinburgh, St. Andrews and Queen Mary London. Just want the track to be right SOOO badly. Haha. Durham is so good at English and History would be amazing to go there. *sigh* x
Reply 9
Well it does have to go through 2 departments :smile: Don't worry.
Reply 10
I do English and History at Durham at the moment so if you need any info, feel free. It's pretty hard going Ive gotaa tell ya. Plenty of reading to do tho but Durham's reputation for both subjects is really good. Good luck!
Reply 11
Can you tell me about the History side? Obviously you can't tell me what a full History degree would be like as you do English as well, but it would be good if you could give me an idea :smile:
Reply 12
I've applied for History and Politics at Durham (University College. Er...)
Reply 13
What's the "Er.." for? :smile:
Reply 14
because Wez has realised (like I did) that the chances of getting into Castle are slim to none. But Wez at least we took the risk! Haha.
Kathryn - I was worried about that, it being tonnes of work... How many lectuares/ essays are there a week then? Haha or do I not want to know? x
Reply 15
NickiM
What's the "Er.." for? :smile:
It has so many applicants per place compared to the other colleges. The prospect of living in a castle was just too tempting for me.
Reply 16
Hm yes. I was going to choose Hatfield,as I'd been inside it, then saw the number of people trying to get in there!
Reply 17
Plus the taunting from other colleges if you went to Hatfield would be far too immense to deal with. Haha. x
Reply 18
What kind of taunts?
Reply 19
Oh just some songs I've heard from certain other colleges. Haha. It's just playful banter... about the rah image of Hatfield. But my friends have all visited Hatfield and applied there and they're lovely so sure is not a true stereotype. Haha. x

Latest