The Student Room Group

History NEA

I am in the process of doing my history and have decided on the topic of the Collapse of the Habsburg Empire but I am really struggling to find historians interpretations for it. I have tried looking on Jstor and other academic articles and book but think that it is too broad. Is it only supposed to be a paragraph like in the exams or longer??
Can someone please give me some advice on how to find interpretations??
Original post by brookeprice15
I am in the process of doing my history and have decided on the topic of the Collapse of the Habsburg Empire but I am really struggling to find historians interpretations for it. I have tried looking on Jstor and other academic articles and book but think that it is too broad. Is it only supposed to be a paragraph like in the exams or longer??
Can someone please give me some advice on how to find interpretations??

Look at the bibliographies of articles about the Habsburg empire. For example, the wiki page includes books by AJP Taylor and Alan Sked. Samuel Williamson is the best historian I know on the specific topic of Austria-Hungary and WWI.
Reply 2
Original post by ageshallnot
Look at the bibliographies of articles about the Habsburg empire. For example, the wiki page includes books by AJP Taylor and Alan Sked. Samuel Williamson is the best historian I know on the specific topic of Austria-Hungary and WWI.

ok, will do. Thank you very much!!
Original post by brookeprice15
ok, will do. Thank you very much!!

Btw be aware in particular of Sked's political views.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending