The Student Room Group

A Level History Coursework

Hello, im starting to prepare my History Coursework and need some advice. My topic is women in the workplace in Britain and need advice on the best place to find historian debates as im struggling to find some. Please let me know any good websites or just anything really. Thank you
Look in charity shops and second hand bookshops and buy up a load of cheap books that might have relevant information in them. The internet archive has a lot of stuff you might not be able to find elsewhere although do give the authors a quick Google to make unsure they're actual historians and not just people with opinions). Reading things other people have written on similar topics wil not only get you one historian's opinion but also the opinions of every that they have in their bibliography.

As well as this remember that while you absolutely can't cite Wikipedia there's nothing stopping you from looking into what Wikipedia have themselves cited. If articles that look really useful are behind a paywall tre's no harm in emailing the person who wrote it and they will often just send it to you. I did this by finding out which university they worked at (either from the abstract of the article or just googling them) and finding the contact information on the university website.

Hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending