Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Ahh :biggrin:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 21
Wahey I got my first offer... but it wasn't from Durham. :frown: Come on Durham! Pleeeaaaaaase give me an offer *much praying*. Haha. The course, the uni, the place - everything about Durham is making me want to go there... *sigh* x
Reply 22
Well done on the offer :smile:
Reply 23
Haha cheers. Is from QMUL, which was the bottom of my 6 by far... But hey at least someone wants me!
I just wonder how long Castle can look over me until they reject me and pass me on. Is stressful now! Wish they'd just hurry up! Haha. x
Reply 24
It's a nice feeling to know that you're wanted.

Be positive :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 25
Hurrraaaaah! I got a letter yesterday!
AAA offer for History and English at Van Mildert. Feel sooo much better :smile: x
Reply 26
Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :biggrin: Go you :biggrin:
Reply 27
Congratulations!:biggrin:
Reply 28
Thank you thank you. *bows* Am chuffed. Hope everyone gets what they want, good luck to those who haven't heard.
Rock on history 2007! x
Reply 29
Yes, definitely! Just need the grades now.
Reply 30
God I know! Am really worried will miss grades. Not too bothered by English and Psychology as am pretty sure can get an A but history... oh dear, will be flukey. Fingers crossed! x
Reply 31
I need an A in History to go to uni *Cries*
Wez
It has so many applicants per place compared to the other colleges. The prospect of living in a castle was just too tempting for me.

I couldn't agree more. I applied to History and Politics and I reeeeeeeeeally want to know if I have an offer or not.. So annoying that they take their time. *sigh* The longer they take the more I convince myself they're going to reject me. Anyone know of anyone who has an offer for Hist and Politics??
arabellaweir
The longer they take the more I convince myself they're going to reject me.

Surely it's the other way round - the longer they leave you the more hopeful you get? It means they have you on some kind of shortlist... I know people who got rejected for History within a month of submitting their application in October, so it's a good sign. I think they are just making their final decisions now.

Be positive! :smile:
Reading Room
Surely it's the other way round - the longer they leave you the more hopeful you get? It means they have you on some kind of shortlist... I know people who got rejected for History within a month of submitting their application in October, so it's a good sign. I think they are just making their final decisions now.

Be positive! :smile:

I got rejected today :biggrin: York it is.. Actually happy now I know since I have been stressing about several things recently.. so its good that I found out now and can sort of look forward to where Im likely to be. I am really pleased I have an offer from York, especially as my bf is at Leeds so it'll be good to be both in the same country as him and only 30mins away next year. Anyways, congrats to everyone and good luck everyone else.

:sheep:
Reply 35
Aww glad you got the offer you wanted. Durham offer would have been of no use as an insurance anyway, so ne'er mind. Hope I'll hear from York soon... Good luck in future! x
Reply 36
Aw, sorry to hear that :smile: But glad you're feeling positive about York.

Are you going to their Open Day?
I'm sorry arabellaweir - I feel like I tempted fate! But well done for getting this far; like I said, lots got rejected before Christmas.

Also - can anyone confirm the A* policy of the Durham History Dept? I've heard that they don't even consider anyone with less than 7 A*s at GCSE - is this true, and is this official (i.e. published somewhere?)

Reply 38
From the Durham History webpages, it does say specifically:

"We look for good GCSE results (As with a substantial number of A*s) and good levels or forecasts at A2, with a strong personal statement and reference."

I think it's 6 though..
Reply 39
arabellaweir
I got rejected today :biggrin: York it is.. Actually happy now I know since I have been stressing about several things recently.. so its good that I found out now and can sort of look forward to where Im likely to be. I am really pleased I have an offer from York, especially as my bf is at Leeds so it'll be good to be both in the same country as him and only 30mins away next year. Anyways, congrats to everyone and good luck everyone else.

:sheep:

Unlucky.:frown:

We applied to the same course at the same college and you have better ASs than me (although I have better GCSEs).:s-smilie: I've yet to hear anything from them. Out of interest, what did your Durham track say? Mine says my application has been received by a college but that no decision has been made.

Latest