The Student Room Group

I have already failed my A2's before even sitting them help!?

Basically I was stupid, dedicated too much time towards my AS resits and basically I've (once again) left revision for my A2's to the last minute. I am intelligent academically (managed straight A*/As at GCSE but they're pretty futile anyway) but obviously A2'S take loads of effort/hard work to get top grades. What are my options for next year if I fail to get the grades for my chosen Uni? Thanks
What subjects are you taking?
Original post by Kozlov
Basically I was stupid, dedicated too much time towards my AS resits and basically I've (once again) left revision for my A2's to the last minute. I am intelligent academically (managed straight A*/As at GCSE but they're pretty futile anyway) but obviously A2'S take loads of effort/hard work to get top grades. What are my options for next year if I fail to get the grades for my chosen Uni? Thanks

Resit A2s or do a Foundation year or go through clearing to somewhere else.
Original post by Kozlov

Just be a night owl. Study at night you will pass
Original post by Kozlov

decide that after you get your grades
but for the life of you, you must do a quick review of everything, understand it, then loads of past papers and fill in gaps from knowledge from there, read examiners reports too
Reply 5
I am in the same situation..ish... I focussed on my AS resits and have like 5 days till my first A2 exam... worried I wont get into either my firm or insurance.
Reply 6
Original post by azndian
I am in the same situation..ish... I focussed on my AS resits and have like 5 days till my first A2 exam... worried I wont get into either my firm or insurance.

I do too, and if I don't get my firm I sure as hell won't get my insurance as they're AAB ABB respectively. Screw my arrogance.
Reply 7
Original post by maggie43
Just be a night owl. Study at night you will pass

I can never concentrate at night, as usually I'm like a sponge memorising whatever I write down. It becomes much harder for me at night. Also, I need A's in everything, just passing won't do unfortunately. I'm screwed nonetheless
Reply 8
Original post by Usernamer555
What subjects are you taking?

english lit, psychology and History
Reply 9
Which A2s are you taking OP? When are your exams? Its worth bearing in mind that you've been doing these topics for a year or more - you will know more than you think, so you could really do yourself favours by eliminating the stuff you DON'T need to revise and focusing on the content that you struggle with the most :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Muttley79
Resit A2s or do a Foundation year or go through clearing to somewhere else.

if they're my options resitting A2's as horrific as that sounds make me my best option. As I'm doing a genericish course clearing will basically end my future prospects (not as if they're looking promising now anyway), a foundation year would be a lot of money on something I'd rather not spend on. Sigh I'm ****ed
Original post by Kozlov
if they're my options resitting A2's as horrific as that sounds make me my best option. As I'm doing a genericish course clearing will basically end my future prospects (not as if they're looking promising now anyway), a foundation year would be a lot of money on something I'd rather not spend on. Sigh I'm ****ed

Don't worry, I'm in the same position, so pissed off.
and for me it's AAA or no uni at all
Original post by Kozlov

Some students find a Foundation year (with guaranteed entry onto the degree if you pass it) is better than resitting Year 13. Yes, it's expensive but you are at uni

Anyway, you never know what the exams will bring - get back to revision - you can do it!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by frozo123
Don't worry, I'm in the same position, so pissed off.

lol it's actually like my life is over not even exaggerating- another year would be so bad, imagine the pressure in the exam hall having done another year for A2's. My time management is atrocious, I'd actually do well if I was dedicated enough
Original post by Kozlov
lol it's actually like my life is over not even exaggerating- another year would be so bad, imagine the pressure in the exam hall having done another year for A2's. My time management is atrocious, I'd actually do well if I was dedicated enough

Yeah for me, it'll be taking admissions test again, and explaining at an interview why I couldn't perform well the first time lol. royally ****ed
Reply 15
Original post by Muttley79
Some students find a Foundaion year (with guaranteed entry onto the degree if you pass it) is better than resitting Year 13. Yes, it's expensive but you are at uni

Anyway, you never know what the exams will bring - get back to revision - you can do it!

I could (I've done well on resits I think) but looking at it pragmatically odds are against me and i have to attend a ****ing wedding this weekend which i have to go to which basically is the nail in the coffin. **** my relative for putting it on the worst date possible (when she full well knew It was exam period). So I have 2 more days to learn a tonne it's impossible that's why I wanted opinions for next year :smile: sorry for rant haha
Reply 16
Original post by frozo123
Yeah for me, it'll be taking admissions test again, and explaining at an interview why I couldn't perform well the first time lol. royally ****ed

ah right what course did you apply for ? I wasn't interviewed but as i need AAB I sure as hell am not getting it this year, and yeah another year sounds sickening to be honest haha
Original post by Kozlov
english lit, psychology and History

Mm, I did science A-levels and Drama, but I got A*A*A after a 'relatively' last minute panic- did most of my revision in a month, also had loads of resits. Just go through tonnes of past papers, past questions, we-write really good example essays and highlight in different colours what makes them so good (make a point, evidence, explanation, provide more evidence or some quote that a scholar said/ something about how the historical context is important for that character, expand more- that's what a drama essay involved, no idea about eng lit!). I'd try this for all of them. Give it your BEST shot and go like a rocket, even if you don't succeed- you can know that you gave it your best and you can try again next year. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest