The Student Room Group

Looking for a bit of advice on my situation..

Hi guys. I'm hoping to go to uni in the US but I've messed everything up a little bit and now im womdering if i still can. Basically, I was re-doing my A levels to get good grades and all as ging well untl i had personal issues durng my exams and couldn't attend them. I can only resit them next year alongside my A2 exams, but I was supposed to be applying to universities this autumn except I cant do that with no AS grades....My other idea which may or may not work, is to pass my GED and try and get good marks in my SAT's and hope that will be enough? I dont want to go to Yale or Harvard or anywhere like that I know they are way way out of my league, i just want the college experience. I've been trying to find somewhere that will help me out and walk me through the process and my options but I cant find anywhere at all.If anyone could offer me advice or point me in the right direction of somewhere that could help then it would be greatly appreciated, thanks :smile:
Are you positive you can't do it with no AS grades? I might not recall correctly but I thought you can put predicted grades instead. Definitely check on that. I believe they would prioritise a good SAT score anyway. Don't bother with the GED.

If you're looking for advice there is also no problem in just straight up asking. Find the email for the admissions office of a school you were considering. Explain your situation and ask if you could submit predicted grades. If they say it's fine just go ahead and take the SATs.
Reply 2
Hey thaks for the reply. I dont have any prediced grades because I'm studing via distance learning, its complicated. So I have nothing to show them when it comes round to applying :/
Original post by Zekkeishoku
Hey thaks for the reply. I dont have any prediced grades because I'm studing via distance learning, its complicated. So I have nothing to show them when it comes round to applying :/

Who is in charge of your education, then? I don't know the particulars of how distance learning works, but you're not just fending for yourself, surely? Whichever educational "representative" you have would need to write about you in the first place, from there they could also give you predicted grades even if you traditionally wouldn't have any.
Reply 4
Well we rangup AQA, the board I was doing my exams with, toask if i could use predicted grdes and they told us I needed to have completed 50% of the course already in order to get predicted grades. Which seems a bit silly, my coursework only amounts to 40%. Its all very complicated and silly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending