The Student Room Group

Staring at attractive girls

If you stare at a an attractive girl and then she complains to the manger because it makes them feel uncomfortable would you feel like a creep.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
yes
Reply 2
Bump
Original post by Anonymous
If you stare at a an attractive girl and then she complains to the manger because it makes them feel uncomfortable would you feel like a creep.

Yes I would feel like a creep. Must have some shameless staring for her to complain to the manager.
Unfortunately yes - this must have been intense staring for her to complain!

Please don't do this again - it makes people incredibly anxious as they do not know your intensions!

- Taylor :colonhash:
Another vote for creepy.
Reply 6
Yeah it is creepy but also can be like daydreaming and also it is a bit over the top to complain to the manager
Reply 7
Yeah it is creepy but also can be like daydreaming and also it is a bit over the top to complain to the manager

Try to look at it from her perspective. She had no idea what your intentions were. Learn from it and move on.
Reply 8
Yeah obv I will stop doing it but I am not a bad person

As a Life Coach, I encourage you to approach situations with mindfulness and respect for others. It's essential to recognize that staring at someone can make them feel uncomfortable or objectified, regardless of their attractiveness. Respect for others' boundaries and personal space is an important aspect of spiritual growth and connection.

If you find yourself in a situation where someone expresses discomfort due to your gaze, it's important to acknowledge their feelings and take responsibility for your actions. Apologize sincerely and reflect on the impact your behavior may have had on others. Use this experience as an opportunity for self-awareness and growth.

In the future, practice cultivating a deeper sense of compassion and understanding towards others. See them as individuals with their own thoughts, feelings, and experiences, rather than objects to be observed or evaluated. Treat others with kindness, empathy, and respect, creating an environment of positivity and harmony.

Remember, as we journey on the spiritual path, it's important to strive for love, compassion, and mindfulness in all our interactions. By embodying these qualities, we can create more meaningful connections and contribute to a more harmonious world.
Reply 10
Bump
Bump

What is with the Bump. You’ve got your answer - staring at someone to such an extent that they report it to a manger, is a very creepy thing to do. Please ensure you don’t do again.
Reply 12
What is with the Bump. You’ve got your answer - staring at someone to such an extent that they report it to a manger, is a very creepy thing to do. Please ensure you don’t do again.

not really fair to get someone in trouble though for a subconscious bit of daydreaming though but w/e
Extremely fair to report you if the ‘daydreaming’ was so protracted that it made a customer feel uncomfortable.

Also not sure the “I was daydreaming whilst at work” explanation is going to fly with management.

« can be « like » daydreaming?? Looks like someone is trying to deny what they were doing. Sounds creepy and dishonest
This sounds even worse!!
You « avoid perving too much » and « avoid too much looking that is obvious to her »
REALLY CREEPY!

To answer the question, as it is worded, yes I would fee like a creep

If I was daydreaming, which I can do, and stare into a void regardless of what is in front of me then I would feel embarrassed and try to be more cautious of where I stare.

The fact you mention she was attractive makes me think you (or person in question) was just being a perv otherwise why mention she was attractive and not just say a girl, or even just a person

My advice, be more aware of surroundings and avoid day dreaming at work

Staring at someone doesn't constitute to someone being creepy, I stare at people all the time, mostly in response to them staring at me, but I have no idea what their intentions are, but when I stare at someone, it's not because I want to ogle them or find them attractive, it's just happen for me. However, the way you describe your intentions very creepy, but I feel like it is a bit of stretch to complain to your manager about someone staring at you, even I don't like being stared at, but it is what it is, I wouldn't complain to someone else about it.
Yes, if you have stared that much to make her feel uncomfortable to the point of a formal complaint about your conduct it stands to reason you were acting creepy (daydreaming is a crap excuse, if anything it makes you sound creepier as if you were fantasising/getting off on it)

If your actions are making her uncomfortable, then she's perfectly entitled to complain to the management. How the management deal with the situation is an entirely different question.

Yeah obv I will stop doing it but I am not a bad person

... and maybe you're not.

If you say you're not a bad person, then I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. However, you have to be aware on how your actions may affect other people. Regardless of your intentions, the girl in question has obviously felt uncomfortable enough to say something to the manager. Also, assuming it's in a work place, you need to be extra careful.

It's a bit like these idiots who drive like maniacs down roads... sure, they just want to have fun and they never mean to hurt anyone or cause any upset / distress... but if they kill or injure an innocent person, it's still their fault, is it not?!? It's the same sort of psychology here.

If you didn't know it made her uncomfortable, then fair enough... now you know it does, you need to stop it before it escalates further (you'll be the one who comes out badly from this; trust!). Simplest solution, now you know this girl is uncomfortable with you, when you daydream... maybe make a point to look out a window, something on the wall.... anywhere, just make a point not to do it in her direction.

@lifecoachakshay has given you some good tips... I suggest you take note and take action.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending