The Student Room Group

Procrastinate too much

So, I just can't stop procrastinating... :/
I should be studying for my exams but I'm just distracted by Social Media, Youtube etc.
What can I do to stop procrastinating?
Reply 1
You could do a social media detox and get your parents to get rid of anything that could distract you until end of exams?
Other than that theres not much else.. naturally youre just getting bored of exams you can help that lol
I always get super distracted by the internet too. I downloaded a program for my computer that would block a certain list of websites for any amount of time i chose, so i can't get onto social media etc. If you have a mac like me, I use self control, but there are plenty of other ones for PCs too!
Reply 3
Original post by Abirella
So, I just can't stop procrastinating... :/
I should be studying for my exams but I'm just distracted by Social Media, Youtube etc.
What can I do to stop procrastinating?

Go in a quite place to revise, such as your room. If you have any electronics in your room that could distract you resist temptation to turn them on.

If you get distracted by a laptop/computer/mac e.t.c. print of past papers, specifications and whatever else you need before you revise and this will mean you don't have to go on the internet and get distracted by social media.

Hope this helps :smile:
So, I just can't stop procrastinating... :/I should be studying for my exams but I'm just distracted by Social Media, Youtube etc.What can I do to stop procrastinating?

Switch off your computer and give your phone to your parents. Bingo.
Reply 5
Original post by mughushed
I always get super distracted by the internet too. I downloaded a program for my computer that would block a certain list of websites for any amount of time i chose, so i can't get onto social media etc. If you have a mac like me, I use self control, but there are plenty of other ones for PCs too!

Yes it's always the internet :biggrin:
I get what you mean I did have a similar program . well I still have it and it's called Stayfocused.However I don't really like using it I still get distracted by other things LOL. You know what? I'm just going to think about the end result if I stop procrastinating I will get better grades. Thanks for your tips btw.
Reply 6
Original post by G98
Go in a quite place to revise, such as your room. If you have any electronics in your room that could distract you resist temptation to turn them on.

If you get distracted by a laptop/computer/mac e.t.c. print of past papers, specifications and whatever else you need before you revise and this will mean you don't have to go on the internet and get distracted by social media.

Hope this helps :smile:

Yeah that's what I do. I usually revise in quiet places but today I chose to revise at the kitchen table as it's bigger and so I can spread my revision materials. Yeah that's exactly what I did lol I put my Laptop by side but then I couldn't resist.
Thanks for your advice.
Reply 7
Original post by Haaa101
You could do a social media detox and get your parents to get rid of anything that could distract you until end of exams?
Other than that theres not much else.. naturally youre just getting bored of exams you can help that lol

Yeah exams are just sooo stressful and it's just too much to remember LOL doing Biology at the moment and it's interesting :biggrin:. Thx for ur response.
Reply 8
Original post by ReputableChav

It isn't that easy.. :biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by ReputableChav

It isn't that easy
Reply 10
Yeah that's what I do. I usually revise in quiet places but today I chose to revise at the kitchen table as it's bigger and so I can spread my revision materials. Yeah that's exactly what I did lol I put my Laptop by side but then I couldn't resist.
Thanks for your advice.

Your welcome :smile:
Reply 11
Yeah exams are just sooo stressful and it's just too much to remember LOL doing Biology at the moment and it's interesting :biggrin:. Thx for ur response.

Yeah you literally cram your brain with loads of information just to forget it after an exam..
Its almost over just hang in there and good luck!
Reply 12
Original post by Haaa101
Yeah you literally cram your brain with loads of information just to forget it after an exam..
Its almost over just hang in there and good luck!

Exactly! Thank you. :smile:
Cold Turkey is a good program to block websites, that's what I use! However be warned there is literally no way to uninstall it when websites are blocked so don't block anything you need for a long period of time! The longest you can block on the free version is 3 days though so there shouldn't be too much of a problem :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest