The Student Room Group

Is April too late to start past papers for a level bio and chem?

Hi
My a levels are in 10 weeks I'm a chronic procrastinator and suprise suprise I'm so behind on revision and starting it now . I am trying to understand the content but it looks like its gna take me so long. I have started topic exam questions for mid units and blurting just a couple days ago . I feel like I need to know and understand the content before doing past papers. If I follow this I doubt I'll do past paoers until early April and that's if I only just go over weak topics so if I start past papers i won't have full knowledge. Chemistry my biggest weak topics is module 5 physical physical but with bio I feel like everything is a weak topic and understanding it all might take long and even if I do understand the content when I attempt questions I still get it miserably wrong. To any past or current a level student is starting past papers in early April too late because I know people who stared in February and ik it's my fault. Plus does anyone have any tips on how to go through pats papers like what should be the method to make it efficient as possible.
Thanks
Original post by Melissa6789#
Hi
My a levels are in 10 weeks I'm a chronic procrastinator and suprise suprise I'm so behind on revision and starting it now . I am trying to understand the content but it looks like its gna take me so long. I have started topic exam questions for mid units and blurting just a couple days ago . I feel like I need to know and understand the content before doing past papers. If I follow this I doubt I'll do past paoers until early April and that's if I only just go over weak topics so if I start past papers i won't have full knowledge. Chemistry my biggest weak topics is module 5 physical physical but with bio I feel like everything is a weak topic and understanding it all might take long and even if I do understand the content when I attempt questions I still get it miserably wrong. To any past or current a level student is starting past papers in early April too late because I know people who stared in February and ik it's my fault. Plus does anyone have any tips on how to go through pats papers like what should be the method to make it efficient as possible.
Thanks
do past papers, see what bits/modules you don't know then work on them. make a routine, you are a procrastinator , you can force yourself in a set routine that works for you, its advantageous and hopefully makes you waste less time.
Hi
Thanks

I get you, i'm similar, look at me on TSR giving other people advice that I don't take myself but whatever
I don't know about biology but with chemistry I use a youtube channel called allery chemistry and he's really good, watch his year 1/year 2 playlist, they are long in total, but each video is like 20-30 min, so not that long.
I think it'll help you a lot, I would have failed the March Mocks if i hadn't had him, so try him out.

Good luck to you and us idiotic procrastinators who know we're at fault
Original post by crazyhuman007
I get you, i'm similar, look at me on TSR giving other people advice that I don't take myself but whatever
I don't know about biology but with chemistry I use a youtube channel called allery chemistry and he's really good, watch his year 1/year 2 playlist, they are long in total, but each video is like 20-30 min, so not that long.
I think it'll help you a lot, I would have failed the March Mocks if i hadn't had him, so try him out.
Good luck to you and us idiotic procrastinators who know we're at fault

😭😭😭nah cos I do the same thing I can give advice to everyone but I don't follow it . I'll deffo check out those videos thank you so much . Would you say it's better to understand the content before doing past papers or starting straight away ??
GOOD LUCK
😭😭😭nah cos I do the same thing I can give advice to everyone but I don't follow it . I'll deffo check out those videos thank you so much . Would you say it's better to understand the content before doing past papers or starting straight away ??
GOOD LUCK

omlll, we need help smhhh
It depends on how you're doing on papers so far, say you understand the content first, but don't try to perfect it with theory, you don't have enough time, so once you get the basics of it then go to questions and practice them, don't spend too much time just poring over your book, make sure you do questions otherwise it's pointless.

Also, saying you have the idea of chemistry then you can do past papers, however badly it goes, then go through mark scheme and examiners report and see what you didn't know and go through it

Quick Reply

Latest