The Student Room Group

Do employers look at A-levels if you have a a good degree (engineering) ?

Hey,

Want to study aerospace engineering at University final year at school now; basically I have low offers from few of the top Unis for Aerospace Engineering (uni of Bristol and uni of Sheffield) and was wondering if employers would look at degrees or a levels more when I get a good degree say like 2.1 or above ? Aerospace is a competitive field hence the question

Cheers :biggrin:
Original post by RemainSilent
Hey,

Want to study aerospace engineering at University final year at school now; basically I have low offers from few of the top Unis for Aerospace Engineering (uni of Bristol and uni of Sheffield) and was wondering if employers would look at degrees or a levels more when I get a good degree say like 2.1 or above ? Aerospace is a competitive field hence the question

Cheers :biggrin:

Degree.
As an additional note, a (shrinking) handful of employers require applicants to have x points at A level in order to apply for their graduate schemes. But these requirements are usually quite reasonable and represent a small minority of jobs in any field.
They're both good which would suggest you're expected to get a decent amount of UCAS points. Your degree will come first but, as an example, BAE Systems will also require you have in region of ~280-320 UCAS points.

But on the whole no one is going to care what you did at school once you have a degree with honours from a Russell Group uni.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending