The Student Room Group

Strathclyde vs Leeds

Hi everyone!! I think that I need your advice
I have 2offers for master courses, one from theStrathclyde University for the MSc Marketing and the other from the Leeds Business School for the MA Advertising and Marketing. As you understand the first one is more “business” programme and the second one more “creative” .Do you believe that the master of Leeds has more specific employment horizons? Can the MA of Leeds lead me to the marketing industry? My major intention is to work in the advertising field. However, I don’t want to exclude other prospects.

Thank you in advance!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by kost88
Hi everyone!! I think that I need your advice
I have 2offers for master courses, one from theStrathclyde University for the MSc Marketing and the other from the Leeds Business School for the MA Advertising and Marketing. As you understand the first one is more “business” programme and the second one more “creative” .Do you believe that the master of Leeds has more specific employment horizons? Can the MA of Leeds lead me to the marketing industry? My major intention is to work in the advertising field. However, I don’t want to exclude other prospects.

Thank you in advance!
You should go with whichever course interests you most - check the content of each carefully - they may not be as different as the course titles suggest. I can't see any obvious reason why the Leeds MA would not qualify you to work in advertising - you don't necessarily need a postgraduate qualification to do that anyway.
Reply 2
I'm just about to finish the Msc in Marketing at Strathclyde and I would say 100% chose Leeds. The Msc in Marketing at Strathclyde was good a few years ago, but now it is rubbish. Class size is 67, you get absolutely no 1-1time with lecturers or proffessors until your dissertation, students are not even given a paper clip by the department. We were even told to shut up once! Plus, for the marketing works project most students got a marketing problem for Strathclyde University so instead of getting real life marketing experience, you just get to do marketing for Strathclyde. Leeds is a Russel group University with a brilliant international reputation, you will probably meet a lot of very interesting people there. I honestly do not know of one student who has been happy with the Msc in Marketing at Strathclyde.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending