The Student Room Group

Strasbourg

Hey,
I'll be moving toStrasbourg from London in September and I would like to find out a few thingsbefore I get there from people who've been erasmus students there.
1) I recentlyreceived an email from our Erasmus coordinator about the beginning of term.Apparently Erasmus students have to be there from the 1st of September onwardsuntil the 7th (introduction week) and then our term starts on the 7th, which Ifound surprisingly early. What's the reason for the term starting so early? Dowe have to be there? They said that the introduction week is mandatory; so Iguess it is, but I was just wondering if you might have had past experienceswith this?
2) When we get toStrasbourg I know we're going to have to sign up to the courses we would liketo take, however, the year abroad coordinators have told me I have to stay inthe department of humanities and that I am not allowed to take anything else(so for instance in the field of sciences). I would like to know if anybodyfrom their past experience therehas any advice on this matter and whether I can somehow potentially get intothe other courses I applied to get into, in my personal statement which I sentbefore being accepted which should have been read and reviewed by the university(!!!).

3) We have also had to fill out an accommodation form as well asother things (module registrations, which aren't even applied, aswell as afully signed contrat d'études) after being accepted to study at the Universitéde Strasbourg. For the accomodation which I sent in on the 11th of May witheverything else, when do we find out if we get the accommodation we listed asour priorities? How do the foreign exchange students find out about their accommodation?
I reallyappreciate the help, I'm a bit lost and it seems as if there isn't much supportfrom the university either. Look forward to hearing your responses!

The Dude

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending