The Student Room Group

Help - tax rebate?

Hi there,

Over the past tax year, I've worked at a fast food restaurant (September 2014-January 2015) and on a temporary wait staff job (January 2015 - present).

I earned £1911.07 during the fast food job, so assuming a 20% PAYE rate, my total earnings were £2388 and therefore I've paid £477 in tax that should be paid back to me.

With the wait staff job, the 2014-15 tax year I've paid £62 in tax that should be paid back to me.

However, I'm confused about national insurance deductions, etc. So am I entitled to the £539 tax repayment, or not? and is it that amount, or less (due to other taxes that I have overlooked)? will I need to request the tax from the HMR&C or will I get it automatically in a P800?

Many thanks, and hope this all makes sense!
Original post by ArtisticFlair
Hi there,

Over the past tax year, I've worked at a fast food restaurant (September 2014-January 2015) and on a temporary wait staff job (January 2015 - present).

I earned £1911.07 during the fast food job, so assuming a 20% PAYE rate, my total earnings were £2388 and therefore I've paid £477 in tax that should be paid back to me.

With the wait staff job, the 2014-15 tax year I've paid £62 in tax that should be paid back to me.

However, I'm confused about national insurance deductions, etc. So am I entitled to the £539 tax repayment, or not? and is it that amount, or less (due to other taxes that I have overlooked)? will I need to request the tax from the HMR&C or will I get it automatically in a P800?

Many thanks, and hope this all makes sense!

Phone the tax office and they should sort out you getting the tax back that you are owed.
From experience ive usually had it back the next payday whenever ive had to phone up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending