The Student Room Group

PGCE and Working

Hi Everyone,

I am an International student currently completing my PGCE Primary. Till now, it is alot of work, and I dont have alot of free time, and this is only the beginning. I leave around 7AM everymorning and dont come back home till 6 PM.

But right now money for me is really tight, and I recently got scammed online and lost around £5000. I need some kind of flexible income that can work around my schedule so I can earn back some of the money I lost. Since I am at my placement for all the working hours, getting a normal job is very difficult, and in the weekends I am busy catching up of work/errands.

Does anyone know of an online flexible job that is not a scam? or something that I can do while doing my PGCE?
Original post by MalakEN
Hi Everyone,

I am an International student currently completing my PGCE Primary. Till now, it is alot of work, and I dont have alot of free time, and this is only the beginning. I leave around 7AM everymorning and dont come back home till 6 PM.

But right now money for me is really tight, and I recently got scammed online and lost around £5000. I need some kind of flexible income that can work around my schedule so I can earn back some of the money I lost. Since I am at my placement for all the working hours, getting a normal job is very difficult, and in the weekends I am busy catching up of work/errands.

Does anyone know of an online flexible job that is not a scam? or something that I can do while doing my PGCE?

Hello @MalakEN

I'm so sorry to hear how you've been taken advantage of in such a way. How horrible for you.

While I haven't got any ideas of flexi work opportunities, (other than perhaps tutoring young people?) I wanted to suggest you ask for a refund on any income tax that you paid in the period from Apr 23 until when you began your course, and also, if you haven't yet done so ask for your council tax rebate too.

Wishing you all the very best in your course.

Jane

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending