The Student Room Group
Students researching, Cardiff Metropolitan University (UWIC)
Cardiff Metropolitan University
Visit website

If i have applied for a place in halls do i also have to fill in this 'booking form'?

I'm confused. I applied for the student accommodation for Cyncoed Campus on the open date for applications. lately I'm seeing a lot about 'booking forms' and paying £500 deposit to secure a place?

When will I have to do this?

When will I even hear back about my application or moving in dates or any information at all.
Hi Welshy123,

We're really glad you've chosen Cardiff Metropolitan University! Sorry for the confusion, let me try and clear things up for you.

It's only international students that pay a £500 deposit, students from the UK/EU pay £200.

After you have booked online, you should have received a confirmation e-mail from the accommodation team confirming your booking and informing you of when you will hear from them again.

If your application is unconditional, you will receive at email at the end of July outlining what to do next. If not, you will receive the same email, but shortly after results day.

More information can be found on our accommodation pages and the number for the accommodation office is 02920 6188/9.

I hope this helps and if you have any more questions about anything application, student life or Cardiff related, please let me know!

Kind regards

Robert
Cardiff Metropolitan University Marketing Officer
(edited 8 years ago)
Students researching, Cardiff Metropolitan University (UWIC)
Cardiff Metropolitan University
Visit website
Reply 2
ok I understand..

so what if, when I applied for halls, my offer was conditional.

Not waiting for exam results but for a satisfactory DBS check, which then made my offer unconditional towards the end of may.

Will I get my offer for halls at the end of July or have to wait with the others until they get their exam results?

Thanks
Hi Welshy123

Please could you let me know where you are from so I can help you further?

Thanks

Rob
Reply 4
Tredegar South Wales

I don't think I am considered as 'local'

Thanks
Hi Welshy,

You're right - Blaenau Gwent isn't on the list of 'local'.

As your offer is unconditional, you should expect to receive an email at the end of July; if by August 1st you haven't hard anything, please call the accommodation office on 02920 6188/9.

I hope this helps! Any other Q's, please let me know.

Regards

Rob
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending