The Student Room Group

How many textbooks do you study from per module?

(especially if you do law)
Reply 1
For my first year of law I had one textbook per module and usually a statutes book too. During the revision period I also purchased revision guides for each module. However, I only finished first year with a 2:2, which wasn't really good enough. So for my second year I'm buying all of the recommended books as it'll be easier that way with note writing. I also live about an hour away from campus, so it makes sense. If you live on campus you won't need to buy so many textbooks as some are only used for a handful of chapters which you should be able to use in your uni library or photocopy relevant info from there.

Hope that helps.
Reply 2
I managed to go through uni mostly just using my (very elaborate) uni notes, only borrowing books and buying them if I desperately had to for course works as a reference.

Westlaw often have copies of expensive textbooks on subscription through the university and journal articles are much more interesting and sometimes easier to take in on topics :smile:
I tend to use 2-3 books per module, along with 2-4 other books that are a bit different and link to more than one module.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending