The Student Room Group

Timetable

For people that study finance and accounting, what’s your timetable like? Are you able to post it so I could see how busy it looks like? From what time are you on campus and what time do you leave? How long are the lectures? What’s a normal day/week look like? Do you have lessons 5 days a week?
Reply 1
I go to Nottingham uni (Russell group) and we only really have up to 12 hrs of lectures but I mainly have around 10 hrs a week. The timetable is not that bad but you have to work a lot outside of lectures. Eg Monday I had 3 hrs, Tuesday 2.5 hrs, Wednesday nothing, Thursday 4hrs and Friday 1hr. This was for a semester but timetable changes depending on modules and semester
Reply 2
I do accounting and finance btw
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I go to Nottingham uni (Russell group) and we only really have up to 12 hrs of lectures but I mainly have around 10 hrs a week. The timetable is not that bad but you have to work a lot outside of lectures. Eg Monday I had 3 hrs, Tuesday 2.5 hrs, Wednesday nothing, Thursday 4hrs and Friday 1hr. This was for a semester but timetable changes depending on modules and semester

So do you only have lectures? Do you not have to go to any other lessons? What time do you start and finish?
Reply 4
So do you only have lectures? Do you not have to go to any other lessons? What time do you start and finish?

No that is my timetable of just lectures. Depending on the week we also have seminars and class tests that contribute to our marks. You can also book help with lecturers. We have a lot of lectures that start at 9am, but it is dependent on the day. Even they canbe late as 4.30 to 6pm. It really depends. They tend to just be at random times of the days and ther can be large gaps between lectures.
For people that study finance and accounting, what’s your timetable like? Are you able to post it so I could see how busy it looks like? From what time are you on campus and what time do you leave? How long are the lectures? What’s a normal day/week look like? Do you have lessons 5 days a week?

Hi

I am in my 3rd year of Accounting and finance at UCLAN 😀😀. For my modules i was in between 3-4 days a week however this will vary per university and modules which you might take. I was in from about 9-3 some days but others i was in for just 2 hours it depended on the modules i was sitting.

At UCLAN you have 6 lectures per week and 6 seminars a week. There is 6 modules per year here at UCLAN but will depend on each university.

Each lecture can last between 1-2 hours each same with seminars but depends on modules and the course you are studying and which university as each ones might have different times. Around times you are also required to do additional work which will be use in seminars or for exams when it comes to that time of year.

Many thanks
Emma
Reply 6

Original post by UCLan Student
Hi

I am in my 3rd year of Accounting and finance at UCLAN 😀😀. For my modules i was in between 3-4 days a week however this will vary per university and modules which you might take. I was in from about 9-3 some days but others i was in for just 2 hours it depended on the modules i was sitting.

At UCLAN you have 6 lectures per week and 6 seminars a week. There is 6 modules per year here at UCLAN but will depend on each university.

Each lecture can last between 1-2 hours each same with seminars but depends on modules and the course you are studying and which university as each ones might have different times. Around times you are also required to do additional work which will be use in seminars or for exams when it comes to that time of year.

Many thanks
Emma

Yes i would agree that it depends on which university you go to because at Nottingham we do have to do 6 modules a semester in 2 of the 3 years. More hours of lectures does not mean the work is harder. Even with fewer hours the work can be a lot. We definitely do not have 6 seminars a week at Nottingham. We only really have 1/2 seminars a week. Sometimes even none. I would say a week. But the course is difficult and some exams are worth 20 credits and heavy in content. We are expected to be very independent at uni.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending