The Student Room Group

What books to read before university for Law?

I am going to Durham to study Law. I am wondering what books would be worthwhile getting?

Are there any I can use to improve on my current skills for exams?
Are there any I can use to gain a better understanding before university?

Thank you!
The bible.
Reply 2
Letters to a Law Student and What about Law are recommended by lots of people/unis. Both are interesting introductory texts and the former gives advice on study skills and how to approach essays etc. I'm reading lots of legal blogs at the moment but would be interested in suggestions for other books.
Original post by cicomowa
Letters to a Law Student and What about Law are recommended by lots of people/unis. Both are interesting introductory texts and the former gives advice on study skills and how to approach essays etc. I'm reading lots of legal blogs at the moment but would be interested in suggestions for other books.

Could you share the blogs you're reading please? I'd be very interested...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by meliiee96
I am going to Durham to study Law. I am wondering what books would be worthwhile getting?

Are there any I can use to improve on my current skills for exams?
Are there any I can use to gain a better understanding before university?

Thank you!

None, don't bother. Enjoy your summer.

Before you start you won't really know what you're doing anyway. It will be tremendously unproductive to try to make progress at this stage.
Original post by meliiee96

See post 3 on this thread, from an Oxford Law graduate now a practicing solicitor: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=57066065
"10 signs of depression and how to overcome it"
Reply 8
Original post by Nubian Rapunzel
Could you share the blogs you're reading please? I'd be very interested...

Posted from TSR Mobile

UK Constitutional Law Association (not really a blog as such but interesting commentary on things in the news), UK Human Rights Blog, Public Law for Everyone and Paul Cairney's blog. (sorry I don't know how to put links in - I'm a bit of a luddite. If you google them they should come up) :smile:
Great thanks!

Original post by cicomowa
UK Constitutional Law Association (not really a blog as such but interesting commentary on things in the news), UK Human Rights Blog, Public Law for Everyone and Paul Cairney's blog. (sorry I don't know how to put links in - I'm a bit of a luddite. If you google them they should come up) :smile:
Letters to a Law Student, without a doubt!

Can't say how useful the book was when applying to university, preparing for university and in my first couple months at university. Even whipped it out again in exam period just to recap as it has suggested ways to answer essays and PQs - definitely worth it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending