The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

S104 as second module?

Hi everyone,
I have signed up to begin the OU in October and am beginning with U116- Environment: journeys through a changing world. However I believe it would be beneficial to me to also study S104, I am aware that this course will start for the last time In Feb 2016 before they replace it with a new module. My question is has any one studied the S104 module along side another at the same time? If so how did you find managing the two? I only ask as I have heard that Exploring Science is very involved and as someone who has not had any formal studying experience for many years I do not want to take on too much. My plan was to see how I get one with my first module and then sign up for Feb start if all going well, but I'd appreciate any input from those that may have already accomplished it.

Thank you in advance to anyone that can reply.
Original post by Becky17507
Hi everyone,
I have signed up to begin the OU in October and am beginning with U116- Environment: journeys through a changing world. However I believe it would be beneficial to me to also study S104, I am aware that this course will start for the last time In Feb 2016 before they replace it with a new module. My question is has any one studied the S104 module along side another at the same time? If so how did you find managing the two? I only ask as I have heard that Exploring Science is very involved and as someone who has not had any formal studying experience for many years I do not want to take on too much. My plan was to see how I get one with my first module and then sign up for Feb start if all going well, but I'd appreciate any input from those that may have already accomplished it.

Thank you in advance to anyone that can reply.

Good morning,

I studied S104 alongside S142 and S141 (120 credits) and it was really tough to start with BUT I just got on with you and I started to develop organisational skills, time management and so on... It's difficult around TMA time but you just have to be disciplined; a lot of people studying many credits in the first year so just try it.. If it gets too much you can defer..

P.s. s104 is now easier (5.5 books) when I did it, it was 8

-------------------------------------------
If I help at all, please press the thumbs up :-)
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
Original post by Lambert87
Good morning,

I studied S104 alongside S142 and S141 (120 credits) and it was really tough to start with BUT I just got on with you and I started to develop organisational skills, time management and so on... It's difficult around TMA time but you just have to be disciplined; a lot of people studying many credits in the first year so just try it.. If it gets too much you can defer..

P.s. s104 is now easier (5.5 books) when I did it, it was 8

-------------------------------------------
If I help at all, please press the thumbs up :-)

Thank you for your reply. I would like to complete the first year within a year, and your post is encouraging that it certainly is possible. I purchased a set of the S104 books so I could have a look, must have been difficult with all eight books to learn. Could I just ask how you found the exam at the end? I'm aware it would have changed especially if the amount of books to learn has decreased but I think that little word 'exam' is filling me with dread already!!!

Thankyou

Quick Reply

Latest