The Student Room Group

Btec moderation?

I'm worried I will get marked down in moderation for my btec subsidiary diploma, in business, I got a D* but my teacher sent the marks of today, the last day of term! can they choose to moderate it? Normally those who are selected are given time to improve it to make sure it's up to standard? I'm worried they will choose mine and it's not up to scratch...
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

There is no point worrying about it as nothing else can be done. The reason for moderation is to make sure that teachers marking is standard across the whole country and to make sure it is fair. This may sound a bit blunt and unfair but teachers should only be giving the high grades such as the distinctions to pieces of work that that will pass moderation. Therefore your work shouldn't be marked down if your teacher passed it as distinction level.

I don't agree with students be able to improve their work if it has to be sent to the exam board as this is not giving the exam board a true insight into the marking on the work within a school.

The exam board will have the last say on the pieces of work and if necessary they can reduce or up grades.

Good luck with you results and hope you get what you would like :smile:
I wouldn't worry, moderation wont be happening at this time of the year.
Plus, the BTEC rules don't allow students to 'improve' their work.
If your teachers graded you as D*, then it shouldn't change.
Reply 4
Original post by SunDun111
I'm worried I will get marked down in moderation for my btec subsidiary diploma, in business, I got a D* but my teacher sent the marks of today, the last day of term! can they choose to moderate it? Normally those who are selected are given time to improve it to make sure it's up to standard? I'm worried they will choose mine and it's not up to scratch...

Hey, what our teachers did they sent our work for moderation in the middle of the year. They sent samples requested by the exams board. This was done to not check our work but rather to check the marking of the teachers to see if it was accurate and to see if they were being lenient or harsh etc. The feedback obtained from the the exam board was positive meaning that the the marks our teachers will give us will be final and will not be checked over by the exam board.

Hope I helped.
Original post by SunDun111

Depends really. I did OCR BTEC level 3 business and they take a random sample i think if their is more than 20 folders. They choose at least one folder from every one

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending