The Student Room Group

A Level Art

Hi, I just got my A-level art grade internally marked my teachers in the school. As my school doesn’t have many students who take art, so moderator will visit my school and will see all students’ sketchbooks. Is there big grade difference between teacher’s marking and moderator’s marking?
Reply 1
Original post by geehoup0707
Hi, I just got my A-level art grade internally marked my teachers in the school. As my school doesn’t have many students who take art, so moderator will visit my school and will see all students’ sketchbooks. Is there big grade difference between teacher’s marking and moderator’s marking?

At the very most your marks could change veryyy slightly, like by only 1 or 2 marks. So if you've just about reached a grade then its a bit of an issue in case the exam board marks it down. However, the art teachers have been trained specifically to remove any biases so they will be able to grade you objectively exactly how the moderator would- so generally there's really no difference and nothing to worry about!
Reply 2
Original post by maryammmm:D
At the very most your marks could change veryyy slightly, like by only 1 or 2 marks. So if you've just about reached a grade then its a bit of an issue in case the exam board marks it down. However, the art teachers have been trained specifically to remove any biases so they will be able to grade you objectively exactly how the moderator would- so generally there's really no difference and nothing to worry about!

Thank you very much:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest