The Student Room Group

NEED HELP TO choose right one ! imperial or aberdeen

Hi everyone, i need help , absolutely staked , im about to choose my subject to study and 5 universities, i have following options
1 imperial college London subject petroleum geosince
2 university of Aberdeen subject petroleoum engineering
3 university of Surrey chemical engineering in oil and gas

im interested in petroleum and i want high salary and good opportunities, which one ? imperial because its top or others ,im not sure if i would have good opportunities with geoscience
pls help me .
All of these degrees potentially lead to a high salary, so do not judge according to that! Look at the course content and structure and then decide which one is most appropriate for you! Try visiting each of the universities. Personally, I'd choose Imperial. Good luck!
Original post by zahra28
Hi everyone, i need help , absolutely staked , im about to choose my subject to study and 5 universities, i have following options

im interested in petroleum and i want high salary and good opportunities, which one ? imperial because its top or others ,im not sure if i would have good opportunities with geoscience
pls help me .

are you joking! the name of imperial alone would be enough to carry yo forward with regards to job opportunities. surrey is also a damn good uni. never understood the appeal of scottish unis but that is entriely my opinion. Imperial is easily the best of the bunch. best of luck
Reply 3
That's where I'm stocked , imperial does more since thing of the earth studies , I'm
Not whether it's exactly oil and gas and how I might get a job 😑
Reply 4
Original post by Ilovemaths96
are you joking! the name of imperial alone would be enough to carry yo forward with regards to job opportunities. surrey is also a damn good uni. never understood the appeal of scottish unis but that is entriely my opinion. Imperial is easily the best of the bunch. best of luck

I'm not sure if ranking matters if it's not exactly engineering studies more earth since do u think its still better
Original post by zahra28

pls help me .

You've picked three very different courses, and ultimately it's you that makes your opportunities and earns your salary.

Do you want to study engineering or geoscience?
Wherever you apply I suggest you spell the subject correctly.

Aberdeen is the UK hub for oil and gas and has excellent employability within the industry.

Chemical engineering is very different from petroleum geoscience. I suggest you go look at the course and module information thoroughly and see which is more interesting/relevant for you. Good luck.
In terms of Petroleum Engineering I should think that it would be a close choice between Aberdeen and Imperial. I do know that Aberdeen has some of the foremost experts in the field because it is based in the oil capital of Europe. Imperial however has a fantastic reputation in general, and therefore will also have some very reputable academics.
Reply 8
Original post by Smack
You've picked three very different courses, and ultimately it's you that makes your opportunities and earns your salary.

Do you want to study engineering or geoscience?

To be honest I don't know , all I want it's work in oil industry and ear good money
I'm into finance or accounting or marketing so I have decided to fo different subject and I have no one to ask
Original post by zahra28
To be honest I don't know , all I want it's work in oil industry and ear good money
I'm into finance or accounting or marketing so I have decided to fo different subject and I have no one to ask

In that case I suggest you spend a bit more time researching the different courses and what they involve and see what one best suits your interests and abilities.

Out of the courses you've selected I would say that chemical keeps the most doors open. Also look at other traditional engineering disciplines too, since ultimately that's what most people in industry have and what most jobs are based on.

Quick Reply

Latest