The Student Room Group

Diagnostic Radiography 2016

Scroll to see replies

I pivked A level biology chemistry and psychology, you only need one science (biology being the best one because some unis ask for a biological science)
Original post by shrinkingstudent
Has anyone had their ucas updated to unconditional by St George's? Also has anyone received any start dates or additional information?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't received anything?? lmao my friend going to the same uni has received a starter week package (even tho she's doing a different corse but still). I don't even know when I'm starting...
How was your results and are they more impressed with 2 science and some uni like phsycology and sociology
yeah was alright with my results. i thinks its more about ur ps/interview. try and do some volunteering at a hospice it will help with the interview/ps
Thank you, did you only do work experience in hospice?
Original post by sumayaplease
I haven't received anything?? lmao my friend going to the same uni has received a starter week package (even tho she's doing a different corse but still). I don't even know when I'm starting...

Hi! I got an email from Kingston telling me to enrol, and SGUL said that the diagnostic radiography students start on the 19th :smile:
Original post by Ikra_x
Thank you, did you only do work experience in hospice?

yeah and i did a days clinical visit at the hospital observing a radiographer, this is compulsory but u would do it closer to the time
Original post by xdegreex
Hi! I got an email from Kingston telling me to enrol, and SGUL said that the diagnostic radiography students start on the 19th :smile:

I have the OSIS thing and it says I have to do the enrolment part 2 in person, but I got no date? :frown:

Do we do Kingston welcome week or do we go to St Georges? Where did you find the date from SGUL? :tongue:

Sorry for all the questions, maybe the SGUL/Kingston students should make a Facebook chat..
Original post by harinimnida
I have the OSIS thing and it says I have to do the enrolment part 2 in person, but I got no date? :frown:

Do we do Kingston welcome week or do we go to St Georges? Where did you find the date from SGUL? :tongue:

Sorry for all the questions, maybe the SGUL/Kingston students should make a Facebook chat..

Hi! Sgul have actually been terrible with giving starting dates and stuff so I had to call them and ask for the starting date which they said was the 19th for radiographers then I received an email from st George's confirming that we start on the 19th, last year the SGUL lot were at tooting till January so I assume that we also start at SGUL but I'll call them to be sure! They also haven't given me a date to enrol in person yet so I'm so damn confused, I legit thought they forgot to put me on their mailing list at first!
And we really should make a Facebook group, there are literally no radiographers on the freshers pages, all physios and medics 😁
Original post by harinimnida

What is your FB? I'll make a chat then ask others to join
:u:
thank you. Btw what hospice did you go into to do so?
St Anns hospice in walkden
I'm starting uni soon for radiography and they said to bring proof of how my fees are being paid but I'm not sure what to bring? I'm entitled to NHS bursary so is this the proof that they are paying my fees?
Original post by n.s.k98
I'm starting uni soon for radiography and they said to bring proof of how my fees are being paid but I'm not sure what to bring? I'm entitled to NHS bursary so is this the proof that they are paying my fees?

Yhyh
Original post by baz1998
Yhyh

Looool. So what do I bring to show?
What happens if u didn't do ur one day clinical placement
Original post by Anonnnne
What happens if u didn't do ur one day clinical placement

It's part of the requirement, you don't do your placement, you don't get a space on course.
Original post by n.s.k98

You should have received proof of award from the NHSBSA which you may download from the website. That is proof you were awarded the bursary.
Hi everyone! For those going to SGUL please join the 'SGUL/KU Diagnostic Radiography GC' group on Facebook, I'll add you guys in :smile: we can discuss opening dates and stuff and gives us all a chance to know each someone beforehand
Did anyone go to the radiography 'new starters event' last Friday at Hertfordshire uni? How was it?

Quick Reply

Latest