The Student Room Group

Diagnostic Radiography 2016

Scroll to see replies

Anyone else still waiting for a reply back from leeds? :frown: really want to go to University of Leeds but they seem to have not got back to me yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
How was the UWE interview?
What's a comprehensive test? I have one coming up but unsure of what it is

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by saba.saba
I got rejected too:frown: what in particular did we have to know about the NHS? What other questions were you asked

Sorry I don't think we're allowed to discuss questions here but the actual interview was so short and I really didn't think I did too badly cos I'm used to speaking to people ,my communication skills are pretty decent and I was enthusiastic. Idek what more they could want from me? Also I hated that interpretation test!!
Original post by Nutellaaa_
The lunch isn't anything formal, there's just a few sandwiches placed around and opportunity to talk to people there. Everyone is just kind of stood around, it isn't like a sit down formal event. There's no group tasks or written assessments either only the 10 minute interview is assessed; the rest of the day is basically learning more about studying at Liverpool and what the course is like. It's nice because it's more informal and the interview is more like a conversation.
hope that helps, good luck at your interview :smile: x

Was it awkward at all being by yourself And not knowing anyone ? Did you choose to bring a guest with you?
Still waiting yo hear from QMU UWE GCU & ulster university. .. the waiting is so hard 😕
Original post by strabane15
Still waiting yo hear from QMU UWE GCU & ulster university. .. the waiting is so hard 😕

Applied to GCU too! i haven't heard from them either!
Original post by faticecream
Was it awkward at all being by yourself And not knowing anyone ? Did you choose to bring a guest with you?

I didn't bring anyone because I thought it'd be better for me to throw myself in at the deep end. It was kind of awkward at first but it was easy to find people to talk to, most people didn't sit/stand alone and wanted to get to know everyone else :smile: x
Original post by happygirl1998
I'm still waiting to hear back from both of them too! I had my interview for Hertfordshire a couple of weeks ago and I was staring to worry

I'm sure you'll have got an offer don't worry:smile:
Has anyone had a interview at Cumbria University?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1150
Anyone applied to Bangor? or had an interview there?
Hey guys I need some help picking between two universities.

I've got offers from my two favourites, City University London and St George's University of London. Last year I had my heart set on St George's but then I got rejected by them (by accident) and an offer from City. I just got an offer today from St Georges.

I went to both for selection day and City had a better vibe. The students seemed happier and there's a lot less travelling.

But I want to study Japanese on the side and you have to pay £550 at City and its free at Kingston and St Georges.

I guess in my head I made myself believe that City were better because I accidentally got rejected from St Georges but now I really do not know which to pick from. Both have their advantages and disadvantages and I really love them both. Ugh why can't I study at St Georges and City instead of St Georges and Kingston haha
Original post by Alltxmelow
Hey guys I need some help picking between two universities.

I've got offers from my two favourites, City University London and St George's University of London. Last year I had my heart set on St George's but then I got rejected by them (by accident) and an offer from City. I just got an offer today from St Georges.

I went to both for selection day and City had a better vibe. The students seemed happier and there's a lot less travelling.

But I want to study Japanese on the side and you have to pay £550 at City and its free at Kingston and St Georges.

I guess in my head I made myself believe that City were better because I accidentally got rejected from St Georges but now I really do not know which to pick from. Both have their advantages and disadvantages and I really love them both. Ugh why can't I study at St Georges and City instead of St Georges and Kingston haha

Personally I would pick city, but that's because I want to study in London and I know that a lot of the course is taught at Kingston if you study at St Georges which I know I personally wouldn't like and it's further for me to commute.

However, congratulations on getting two offers! You have plenty of time to think about it, maybe another visit to both? Also make sure you visit Kingston if you're going to pick st George's.
Reply 1153
Original post by DeadEnd_96
Has anyone had an interview with st george's?

I haven't heard anything from them have you?
Reply 1154
Hi! I was just wondering whether you went to the Liverpool interview by yourself or with a guest? I'm just nervous because I'll be going by myself and I don't want to be the only one there that doesn't know anyone

Original post by Nutellaaa_
I think learning about the 6c's is really important because knowing that you are patient focused is really important to them. Also being up to date on current issues facing radiographers and the nhs as a whole 😊 if that helps, I've only had an interview at Liverpool and that was quite relaxed and informal. It seems different in different places, but I'm happy to help if you want to know more about the Liverpool interview :smile: x
Has anyone got an interview for city university or know what the interview and test is going to be like?

im so nervous :frown:
Original post by happygirl1998
Has anyone heard anything back from Canterbury Christ church yet??

Hi, I heard back from them yesterday via email. I've got an interview 23rd February.
Original post by melanies321
Has anyone got an interview for city university or know what the interview and test is going to be like?

im so nervous :frown:

City University London or Birmingham City University?

I'm assuming City Uni London and I've had an interview and offer from there!

Honestly, I know it's easier said than done but don't worry!

For me it was quite a positive experience and I feel as though they are the lightest with their requirements.

The test was pretty easy! You can use a calculator for the maths test and it's just simple stuff (nothing like Algebra haha) and for English you have to read a paragraph and answer questions on it and fill in a few missing words.

The tests are pretty easy but if you do fail, they consider your personal statement, interview and Cambridge questionnaire answers too so don't worry too much.

As for the interview, it's pretty easy. I think they asked about 4 questions, I can't say exactly what they asked but I'm sure you'll be able to answer them easily.

I thought I messed up my interview so I almost left the uni in tears (luckily I didn't end up crying) and thought I wouldn't get a place and a week later I found out I had an offer!

Like I said before, don't worry! The staff and students are really nice!

Go in, be confident and be yourself and I'm sure you'll be fine. Good luck! :smile:

For me it was quite a positive experience and I feel as though they are the lightest with their requirements.

The test was pretty easy! You can use a calculator for the maths test and it's just simple stuff (nothing like Algebra haha) and for English you have to read a paragraph and answer questions on it and fill in a few missing words.

The tests are pretty easy but if you do fail, they consider your personal statement, interview and Cambridge questionnaire answers too so don't worry too much.

As for the interview, it's pretty easy. I think they asked about 4 questions, I can't say exactly what they asked but I'm sure you'll be able to answer them easily.

I thought I messed up my interview so I almost left the uni in tears (luckily I didn't end up crying) and thought I wouldn't get a place and a week later I found out I had an offer!

Go in, be confident and be yourself and I'm sure you'll be fine. Good luck! :smile:

Thank you so much! 😊
I heard the interview was with 3 staff from city university :s-smilie:

Hey ! i'm not applying to city university but could you please tell me the 4 questions as i will get a gist of it for my other uni's please :smile: you will be a great help!

Quick Reply

Latest