The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Will I still be able to enter uni with these grades?

Hi so I received my AS results yesterday which are:
B - Geography
E - Accounts
U - Maths
U - Physics
ps. I know they're terrible and I should have tried harder but I was still wondering if I can enter uni next year as I don't want to stay in this sixth form for three years.

I originally wanted to go Aston Uni for economics but theres no chance of that happening unless I do three years but I might be able to do two years at sixth and go to BCU or Wolverhampton and do an economics course next year.

My plans are to continue A2 for geography and accounts but retake the first unit in accounts as the first unit was a U and the second was three UMS off a B and then add on either one more AS or two and try to go uni the next year. The subjects I'm thinking of taking in AS are either Travel and tourism, Business or Law.

So I want to know is it possible for me to do two years and is it worth doing two years or three?
also can you recommend some AS courses to take

Thanks
You don't want to waste your time doing this academic year, just to not get good enough grades to get into uni and end up having to redo the 2 years that you just did. The lowest entry requirements I've heard of so far is 280 ucas points which would equal to 'BCC' in A2. You would have to resit/remark two of your subjects to meet entry requirements.
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest