The Student Room Group

glasgow vs strathclyde...help help

I first applied for joint honours psychology and business and management at university of Glasgow. But i did not meet the offer, but the university is offering me single honours business and management. My heart was set at joint honours.

Secondly, i met my insurance Strathclyde for joint honours hr and psychology but accreditation of BPS will only be given if i do single honours from 3rd year onwards. I am confused.....SIMPLY TELL....

BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT AT GLASGOW OR PSYCHOLOGY AT STRATHCLYDE?
Reply 1
In my opinion chose the one that is more practical for you.
And ask if the unis would let you study an additional subject to your degree. I know some universities in Scotland allow you to choose a module that is not in your degree and in this way they give the student flexibility.
I will do some research since I am too interested in those universities and I will write you if it is possible to do that.
Good luck and write me if you want to chat about your options :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Ellie_kk
In my opinion chose the one that is more practical for you.
And ask if the unis would let you study an additional subject to your degree. I know some universities in Scotland allow you to choose a module that is not in your degree and in this way they give the student flexibility.
I will do some research since I am too interested in those universities and I will write you if it is possible to do that.
Good luck and write me if you want to chat about your options :smile:

Oh i am glad that i found someone of the same field. I have confirmed my place at strathclyde because the popularity and competitiveness at glasgow most probably would have made it difficult for me to do well along with business and management. And to secure some really good grades to enter psychology as well, especially when my maths grade do not meet their requirement.When I e- mailed Glasgow they were also of the same opinion.

Even Strathclyde is also good and in coming years i hope it will be closer to glasgow for even psychology. Nevertheless i also do not consider myself to be much suitable especially when other Glasgow's psychology students will have a greater maths skills than mine, even though i have GCSE O levels maths at an A grade.
Please continue the chat if you want to discuss as well....... of course a pleasure for me!
Reply 3
I think you would do great at Strathclyde and you should not underestimate yourself. Maybe you will like the course so much that you wouldn't even remember why you wanted to go to Glasgow uni in the first place. If you do, however, still want to study there after 4 years you can aways do your postgraduate study there.. so don't worry- it will all work out :smile:
Reply 4
I think you would do great at Strathclyde and you should not underestimate yourself. Maybe you will like the course so much that you wouldn't even remember why you wanted to go to Glasgow uni in the first place. If you do, however, still want to study there after 4 years you can aways do your postgraduate study there.. so don't worry- it will all work out :smile:

You wont believe what glasgow now mailed me after all those doubts about me studying psychology there, it said in today's mail:
"We have consulted with Psychology and they have confirmed that in your case you will be allowed to study Psychology once you arrive at the University. When you arrive you will be on a Business and Management degree plan, but you will be able to enrol on level 1 Business and Management, Psychology and one other subject. You will have a route to Honours in these subjects and can change to a Psychology/Business and Management degree plan at a later date if you wish."BUT I HAVE ASKED UCAS TO REJECT GLASGOW'S OFFER BEFORE THIS MAIL. I think i do not have any way now to enter glasgow? PURE DESTINY.What you say?
Reply 5
Email UCAS if you can !!! TRY !! They have seen the rejection letter but they still found a way to enrol you in their program ... It seems like they want you to be their student!
Reply 6
Email UCAS if you can !!! TRY !! They have seen the rejection letter but they still found a way to enrol you in their program ... It seems like they want you to be their student!

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending