The Student Room Group

AS Grades Results...Disappointed...Advices please?

Got my AS results and to be honest I was really disappointed especially since I felt that my unit 1 for Maths, Biology and Computing were easy. In addition, I gave it my all to all of my current subjects and that I'm also a retake.
My previous AS results were DEUU for Maths, Chemistry, Biology and Economics. Upon hearing this, I decided to retake a year to prove myself wrong and worthy, and also at the same time I decided to dropped economics and take computing instead. So cut to the chase, my current AS grades are CCCC. Now, With these sorts of grades, I know that getting into Medicine would be very difficult especially considering that retakers aren't looked upon favorably.
So, I was wondering if it is possible to still get an A at least overall in a-levels (i.e. AAA, AAB, ABB)?

In addition, I was wondering if Medicine has a deffered entry route as I am still currently away and thus unable to fully prepare for UKCAT /and BMAT.

Thanks in advance.
Reply 1
If I started a new college do I get to pick any subjects?
Reply 2
Anybody please?
Reply 3
Original post by JAHLee
Anybody please?

Bump
calm down
It depends on why you got those grades. If that was genuinely you working at your hardest and the revision methods you were using were all working fine for you then it is possible that maybe your academic capability lies there which is not a problem but it would possibly mean you have to consider taking another course. At best your predicted grades will likely be BBB or if you do a resit or two you may just be able to convince your teacher for ABB (although it is unlikely). I would say you should start looking at universities with BBB entry requirements doing courses that you believe you would still enjoy and then on the off chance that you exceed those grades in A-levels then you can just go into adjustment and possibly find a better uni doing a course that you prefer. I don't really know what other options there are to be honest but that is what I could come up with. Good luck :smile:
Reply 6
For your information, I am calm.
I would just like to know some answers and possible solutions to this.
Reply 7
Original post by maggie43
calm down

For your information, I am calm.
I would just like to know some answers and possible solutions to this.
Reply 8
Original post by OrionMusicNet
It depends on why you got those grades. If that was genuinely you working at your hardest and the revision methods you were using were all working fine for you then it is possible that maybe your academic capability lies there which is not a problem but it would possibly mean you have to consider taking another course. At best your predicted grades will likely be BBB or if you do a resit or two you may just be able to convince your teacher for ABB (although it is unlikely). I would say you should start looking at universities with BBB entry requirements doing courses that you believe you would still enjoy and then on the off chance that you exceed those grades in A-levels then you can just go into adjustment and possibly find a better uni doing a course that you prefer. I don't really know what other options there are to be honest but that is what I could come up with. Good luck :smile:

Thank you very much for your reply :smile:
I was wondering if it is best to go straight to A2 with these grades so that's why I tried to keep this post updated from time to time. I also needed some advice and possible answers asap.
I just felt strange and dissapointed when I received the results as during my mocks I have mostly scored A/B especially in Maths and Biology.
Anyway, I think what I am going to do is to see if I can get my exam paper remarked and then from there I will see how it goes.
If I were you, i would go straight to A2. And probably apply through clearing
Reply 10
Original post by maggie43
If I were you, i would go straight to A2. And probably apply through clearing

Yes, I think I'll definitely move on to A2 but at the same time, I'll see if I can get my papers remarked along the way.
Thanks for the decent reply and advice.

Quick Reply

Latest