The Student Room Group

Girlfriend, As levels and a part time job?

Hi, so i'm starting my As levels soon, and the 4 I have chosen are biology chemistry maths and ICT. I've heard a lot about how much work 4 a levels are but I've always thought it was over exaggerated. I have been looking for a part time job as well, but I have a girlfriend and spending time with her is very important to me too. If I had a part time job along with doing 4 As levels will I still have time to see my girlfriend all year?
Depends on how much free time she has too
4 AS levels is fine, most people do 4AS levels. It's when you do your second A2 year where 4 subjects can become an issue, but most people drop their least favourite or worst one when moving on to A2

A part time job during AS levels is definitely possible, it could just be the weekends in the morning or whatever, so you'll still have plenty of time to to do what you want :biggrin:
wait 4 AS levels? Are you planning on taking them all to A-level then, I assume that's the point, since many start with 4, and drop to 3 A-levels.

But yes It shouldn't be that difficult. A degree, part time job & girlfriend was no issue for me, albeit of course you have more contact time during A-levels. You may only be able to see each other weekends, say stay over Friday to Saturday night, do work Sunday, then the odd weekday like go out for something to eat, depends on how that works for you. Also depends on how nearby you live.
I managed to juggle work, sixth form and being beautiful.

if you want something, you just make the time, dear xox

Quick Reply

Latest