Why do people call pigeons "Rats with wings"? (Biology heavy) Watch

MylittlePlusle
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
It was too long so I didn't read it: Rats and pigeons are different animals so they are not comparable at all.

I don't understand why people call pigeons "rats with wings".It makes no sense on a biological standpoint!

1: Rats are in the order of Mammalia,
Spoiler:
Show
Organisms in the order of mammalia are multicellaur endothermic organisms which have a heart that consists of four chambers which is shared with the Avians, having four chambers means that the oxygenated and deoxygenateted blood do not mix, it also ensures that the body's temperatures constant. Mammals also have three bones in their ears( commonly known as the hammer, anvil and stirrup, their actual names are incus, malleus and stapes.) Which vibrate turning the sounds into neural impulses which makes them able to hear sounds much better than the other nonhuman animals. They are also covered in fur or hair depending on the species, or maybe not at all the fact that they have fur is what one of the reasons why they are one of the dominate classes on the planet as they can inhabitant any environment that the planet may have. They have teeth like some other species of nonhuman animals but their teeth are replaced once in their unlikely the other species of toothed nonhuman animals. They all produce milk for their young via mammary glands which they get their name from which are specially adapted sweat glands.
2. Pigeons are in the order of Ava.
Spoiler:
Show
The organisms that are in the order of Ava are known for being covered in feathers which are made out of Keratin. They are the descendants of the dinosaurs which were wiped out in the KT boundary event. Their forelimbs have evolved to enable them to fly, in addition to this thy have a hallow and light skeleton which is essential for them for flight. Unlike mammals they do not have three exits for the digestive and excretion and reproductive systems systems, they have one exit/entrance called the cloaca, reptiles also have it too. Unlike mammals, male birds (except for ducks, swans and related avian) lack a penis to make their bodies more light. There are species of birds that are incapable of flight, examples of birds like this are Emus, dodo and or course penguins.
3 Rats are viviparous; they carry their young inside thier body in an organ called the uterus. Pigeons are oviparous, they lay hard shelled eggs opposed to reptiles who lay soft shelled eggs.Rats and pigeons have different reproductive strategies, rats have a short gestation period and have a lot of pups, the mother is the sole care, while pigeons lay only one egg, both parents care for the young.

Before anyone says about real rats with wings. As far as I know, rats do not have the genes to enable them to grow wings and there are not any environmental pressures that would require them to need wings right now.
ChickenMadness
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I love pigeons Theres a bunch of them that live in my garden and I feed them every day =)

Such peaceful animals
Jack1066
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It isn't meant to make sense on a biological standpoint, its an observation on how both rats and pigeons generally carry lots of diseases and are very common animals, and people are annoyed by the sheer number of them in places
Ladymusiclover
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You've missed the point.

I like pigeons though!
Juichiro
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ChickenMadness)
I love pigeons Theres a bunch of them that live in my garden and I feed them every day =)

Such peaceful animals
Pidgeon madness.
bluemadhatter
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
They are both disgusting, carry diseases and are basically rodents/parasites.
MylittlePlusle
Rep:
?
(Original post by bluemadhatter)
They are both disgusting, carry diseases and are basically rodents/parasites.

Rodentia: Multicellaur endothermic eutgericorganisms which have front incisors that need constant gnawing and have a fast breeding rate.

Pigeons are multicellular endothermic organisms but they do not have the characteristics of a rodent or a mammal as I've already stated. They are not parasites either they would need to be living in a host in addition to other characteristics.
bluemadhatter
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MylittlePlusle)
Rodentia: Multicellaur endothermic eutgericorganisms which have front incisors that need constant gnawing and have a fast breeding rate.

Pigeons are multicellular endothermic organisms but they do not have the characteristics of a rodent or a mammal as I've already stated. They are not parasites either they would need to be living in a host in addition to other characteristics.
What I MEAN is they are horrible little things who feed on other peoples food.
lllllllllll
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
They're gold diggers innit bruv
FlyingNinja1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You find pigeons horrible?. How disgusting
lllllllllll
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Bats are literally rats with wings and at least bats are mammals. Moreover I'll guess that bats evolved from rats/mice since I assume that rodents were the first mammals.
bluemadhatter
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lllllllllll)
They're gold diggers innit bruv
more like parasites

(Original post by FlyingNinja1)
You find pigeons horrible?. How disgusting
What's nice about them? If it were not for humans, they would have been extinct or evolved into something else. Animals are not meant to be reliant on human food, they promote litter and disease sharing.
lllllllllll
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
more like parasites

no lol. parasites eat you alive!
bluemadhatter
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lllllllllll)
no lol. parasites eat you alive!
http://prntscr.com/8apony
nase14_aldayz
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
more like parasites

What's nice about them? If it were not for humans, they would have been extinct or evolved into something else. Animals are not meant to be reliant on human food, they promote litter and disease sharing.
I know, I'm sick of their constant marches with their pro-litter agenda.

Spoiler:
Show
I love pigeons, they politely move out of your way when walking through town. They clean the streets of dropped food. They look like wind-up toys when they walk.
Profesh
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's called an analogy, you unfeasible human train-wreck.
bumblebee342
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I like pigeons and rats
lllllllllll
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
-.-'
bluemadhatter
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by nase14_aldayz)
I know, I'm sick of their constant marches with their pro-litter agenda.
Spoiler:
Show
I love pigeons, they politely move out of your way when walking through town. They clean the streets of dropped food. They look like wind-up toys when they walk.
:rofl:

and no the street cleaners, clean the streets of dropped food and rubbish.
MylittlePlusle
Rep:
?
That doesn't make them a parasite. A tapeworm is a parasite, it needs its host to survive and in causes harm to its host, a pigeon doesn't have a host, it is able to feed itself and it doesn't cause harm to anything, they may be a nuisance but they dn't hurt anyone it is NOT a parasite. It maybe be considered a "pest" but it is NOT a parasite!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (353)
46.26%
No (81)
10.62%
I'm not old enough (329)
43.12%

Watched Threads