Need help deciding which subject to drop!

Watch this thread
ryphilli1997
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
my AS results are:

Geography - A
Economics - A
Biology - A
Maths - B (1 Ums off an A)

I want to go into Biological Science for university, however, I'm not sure which of these 4 subjects i should drop for A2. i would greatly appreciate it if someone could advise me?
DeadEnd_96
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
For Biological Sciences, I would definitely continue with Biology and Maths. Then drop either between Geography or Economics.
Nirvana27
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Definitely drop either geography or economics as both maths and biology are normally subject requirements. Chose which one you like the least, however, I would say geography is probably slightly more relevant.
ryphilli1997
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
biological sciences at nearly every uni I want to apply at has entry requirements of AAA. I personally don't beleive I can achieve an A at maths as i struggled a lot with maths last year. Are you sure the course requires maths?
NikolaT
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ryphilli1997)
biological sciences at nearly every uni I want to apply at has entry requirements of AAA. I personally don't beleive I can achieve an A at maths as i struggled a lot with maths last year. Are you sure the course requires maths?
University websites > every other source of info

If your desired place says their only requirement is Biology, then go for it.
Nirvana27
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ryphilli1997)
Maths is not normally specified, however, most universities require 2 maths/science courses to A2. But definitely check because every course is different.

EDIT: Some places may take geography but don't take my word for it check the university websites for the entry requirements. However, maths is more universally accepted.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (22)
17.46%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (31)
24.6%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (68)
53.97%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
3.97%

Watched Threads