A2 AQA Geography GEOG 3 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SJJ97
What topic?

World cities under urban regeneration
Reply 301
Original post by tcameron
World cities under urban regeneration

I don't think so... The only thing they would ask is 'to what extent is urban regeneration sustainabl' but that came up last year as the 40 marker so I doubt it will come up again?
Reply 302
Could they ask us specifically about city challenge or say they want a scheme which isn't sustainable as I was only going to learn New Islington for private-public partnership scheme

I'm pretty sure that they can only specifically ask us for the schemes mentioned on the spec - which are property-led schemes and partnership schemes, I don't think that can ask for a certain type of partnership or anything like that :smile:
Original post by SJJ97
I don't think so... The only thing they would ask is 'to what extent is urban regeneration sustainabl' but that came up last year as the 40 marker so I doubt it will come up again?

Oh ok I don't do the world cities 40 markers so I mean the shorter questions,
So a city challenge case study is not specifically required then?
Reply 304
Oh ok I don't do the world cities 40 markers so I mean the shorter questions,
So a city challenge case study is not specifically required then?

Nope😊
Any predictions for Plate Tectonics, Ecosystems and World Cities? :smile:
For people doing Ecoyststems 40 marker, do you reckon fragile environments wont come up again so revise it less (as it came up last year)? I'm thinking maybe local scale or something to do with the tropical equotarial rainforest will come up as the 40 marker?
Hey guys, just asking if anyone knows what to answer for this question on Multiculturalism,

Suggest reasons for the development of multicultural societies in the UK - Jan 2011

Of course giving the reasons why (e.g 1948-1960 Caribbean workers invited to rebuild post war Britain) although on the mark scheme, to gain top marks is to have a 'recognition of interrelationships and complexities involved' - does anyone know how to answer it?

Thank you!!
What's the predictions for the Plate Tectonics structured questions? Last year was volcanoes so I think this year It might be on seismicity, right?
Original post by lozengerrrr
Hey guys, just asking if anyone knows what to answer for this question on Multiculturalism,

Suggest reasons for the development of multicultural societies in the UK - Jan 2011

Of course giving the reasons why (e.g 1948-1960 Caribbean workers invited to rebuild post war Britain) although on the mark scheme, to gain top marks is to have a 'recognition of interrelationships and complexities involved' - does anyone know how to answer it?

Thank you!!

What I would do is firstly plainly state general reasons for multicultural societies right now, such as "fleeing from war" or making a better life.
Then I would progress in the answer giving examples of immigrants coming to the UK because of war related issues (WW2 Jewish people roundabout in the 30's / Vietnamese in the 70's from their war with USA) then examples of immigrants coming to make money / better prospects (In the 50's many Pakistani's and Indian's came to work in the textile industry under the Commonwealth / and in the year 2000 when countries like Poland joined the EU, seeing an influx of workers joining without needing a work visa)

Then I'd probably conclude that because of these various reasons and a variety of immigrants it has created the multicultural society that we live in today in the UK.
Reply 310
Original post by yoMilkSheikh
What's the predictions for the Plate Tectonics structured questions? Last year was volcanoes so I think this year It might be on seismicity, right?

I reckon it will be either
8marker on formation of tsunamis
10marker on management of seismic events
Or
8marker on seismic waves
10marker on theory of plate movement/evidence for plate movement
What I would do is firstly plainly state general reasons for multicultural societies right now, such as "fleeing from war" or making a better life.
Then I would progress in the answer giving examples of immigrants coming to the UK because of war related issues (WW2 Jewish people roundabout in the 30's / Vietnamese in the 70's from their war with USA) then examples of immigrants coming to make money / better prospects (In the 50's many Pakistani's and Indian's came to work in the textile industry under the Commonwealth / and in the year 2000 when countries like Poland joined the EU, seeing an influx of workers joining without needing a work visa)

Then I'd probably conclude that because of these various reasons and a variety of immigrants it has created the multicultural society that we live in today in the UK.

Oh okay, and I guess you could comment on how there are mixed racial and cultural families in the UK now? Thank you for answering!:smile:
Reply 312
Does anyone have Development and globalisation short question predictions

I'm thinking short questions on formation of tsunami and measuring seismic waves
40 marker on seismic events, earthquake and tsunami
Anyone not doing weather and climate is so lucky - literally got twice as much content as plate tectonics for some reason -__-
[QUOTE=tcameron;65269917]I'm thinking short questions on formation of tsunami and measuring seismic waves
40 marker on seismic events, earthquake and tsunami

Don't think plate tectonics theory? 😩
Original post by Atomicmat
Don't think plate tectonics theory? 😩

Idk I think there was a 10 marker on that in 2014 so is pretty close and it seems like all the 40 markers are on seismic or volcanic events year after year :/
[QUOTE=tcameron;65271613]Idk I think there was a 10 marker on that in 2014 so is pretty close and it seems like all the 40 markers are on seismic or volcanic events year after year :/

True but surely that means that it's more likely to come up? :colondollar:
Original post by Atomicmat
True but surely that means that it's more likely to come up? :colondollar:

Possibly but considering the last 3 or so years 40 markers have pretty much been the same topic, there's no reason why it won't be the same
Don't set your heart out on plate tectonic theory though just in case
Tbh would be nice to have a question on the structure of the earth as that's never came up
[QUOTE=tcameron;65271849]Possibly but considering the last 3 or so years 40 markers have pretty much been the same topic, there's no reason why it won't be the same
Don't set your heart out on plate tectonic theory though just in case
Tbh would be nice to have a question on the structure of the earth as that's never came up

It would be but how would you write 40 marks? 😩

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending