The Student Room Group

Queuing for buses at the same stop

I was thinking if is there a good way to queue for multiple buses at the same stop. For example, at East Croydon Stop E2 there are 2 buses that follow a very similar route (the 64 and T33) but split for a short while and come back on the same route. I would guess that 60% of people can take either bus, 20% can only take the 64 and 10% can only take the T33. Often the queue is the length of the bus stop, around 10-15m.

I would argue that there should be 3 queues, one for each of those groups. As it is unfair that those who can only take the T33 might be at the back of queue so have no chance to get on if the T33 arrives first. Sometimes the 64 arrives first and a lot of people get on that so the queue disappers.

With my system, when a bus arrives, those who can only take that bus get priority.

I hope I make sense?
I laughed when I read your post then I realised this way my life every day for two years at college. The only bus stop to get me home would have about 5 different buses stop there. To be honest I just had to learn, if I left class early then my bus would come at a specific time or round about. And I just learnt from experience where my bus happens to stop, although depending on the traffic, the driver, or number of students it could change and put me at the back of the queue even if I was there first.

In my experience, most people don't care about getting onto the bus first or getting onto the bus which is most efficient for their journey. Which I why I was always first in line, because I do care as I want to get my ass home quickly. I hardly think these people are as concerned as you when it comes to who should get priority, even if you're right. After all, I've seen morons get on the bus for just two stops clogging up the whole bus for people who are going to be taking that bus for an hour plus just because they don't want to walk to their destination for 5 minutes.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Lol. Same with trains. I've had arguements with people who have a train every 5 mins but my train is every hour.

Quick Reply

Latest