The Student Room Group

Would you ever walk half an hour or would you take a second bus to work?

Title
Reply 1
I'd do almost anything legal to avoid public transport.
Reply 2
I walk half an hour to uni every day. I quite enjoy it tbh.

I don't mind buses but I wouldn't want to catch 2 buses to get to work, because if the first one's delayed, you'll likely miss the second one.
Original post by Desideri

I don't mind buses but I wouldn't want to catch 2 buses to get to work, because if the first one's delayed, you'll likely miss the second one.

Sometimes you have no choice, I get two buses to work a day because there are hardly any jobs in my area.

Walking half an hour isn't so bad when you are going somewhere like uni (i.e somewhere that you aren't there for a full 8-12 hours and can set off a bit later in the morning) but when you are doing it everyday after getting one bus at some ridiculous time in the morning then it becomes a slog.

I would only walk in that scenario if waiting for the second bus would make me later than walking it.
Yes only if the public roads are safe for pedestrians.
Would cycling be an option?
(edited 12 months ago)
Original post by Desideri

This really, the possibility of missed/unreliable buses is so much higher when you have to get 2 each way. At least walking you know it will take the same each day.
Reply 7
I walk 40 minutes each way to and from work. There are no buses.
Original post by Anony345533
Title

If the busses are reliable, then take 2 busses.
But there is nothing wrong with walking for half an hour. Especially in the better weather. Its good exercise too.
How about cycling?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending