The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Exeter Rowancroft Court

Bit gutted as I have been put in Rowancroft Court for my first year and I am worried it’s going to be too quiet and full of postgrads! Wanted to be based at Streatham as it’s the main campus and looks livelier (although my course is based at St Luke’s). Anyone else moving there or can anyone has lived there give me the lowdown? Not keen on bathroom sharing either as I’m a bit OCD so wondered how that worked out.
Original post by Anonymous
Bit gutted as I have been put in Rowancroft Court for my first year and I am worried it’s going to be too quiet and full of postgrads! Wanted to be based at Streatham as it’s the main campus and looks livelier (although my course is based at St Luke’s). Anyone else moving there or can anyone has lived there give me the lowdown? Not keen on bathroom sharing either as I’m a bit OCD so wondered how that worked out.

Hey, I had a friend who lived in Rowancroft Court in our first year, I'm pretty sure his flatmates where all also first years, most people in his flat studied on St Luke's but he was on Streatham. I'd say you're about as far from town as some of the accommodations on campus and even to walk to the main campus doesn't take more than 40/50 minutes or there's regular busses. I was on Streatham but would quite often go down to St Luke's because it's really nice and not quite as busy all of the time, it's definitely good on Streatham but they make it really easy to get up their if you want to.

On the shared bathroom, it's really not as bad as people might think, I don't think anyone wants to be sharing bathroom so most of the time people don't mess them up because they're still going to have to use it. In terms of more than one person trying to use it at the same time I think that probably happened 5 times in a year for me which is much less than I was expecting.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Thanks so much for replying. I’m sure I’ll be glad it’s not far away from St Luke’s after a few days! Good to know about buses.
I just had visions of queuing for the shower but others have did the same as you.
Original post by Anonymous

Hi! As far as I am aware, individual blocks within a certain accommodation are separated between undergraduates and postgraduate students. This means that while Rowancroft may be mixed between UG and PG across the entire accommodation, you won’t be mixing within your flats, so you’ll be with plenty of people in a similar situation to you. There is still a vibrant community down at St Luke’s and you’ll also be quite near a lot of second and third year housing, so don’t worry about being isolated - there’s plenty of you there and you may find that you make friends from other years and that they live very close to you :smile:

I also thought I’d flag to you that we have a service called Residence Life - this is a team of second and third year students who work in halls of residence running social events and offering peer support. Coming along to events based in Rowancroft will be a great way of meeting others in similar positions, as well as seeking support should you find yourself struggling with any aspect of your living situation. This is the webpage for Residence Life if you want any more information! https://www.exeter.ac.uk/study/accommodation/current-residents/wellbeing-reslife/

Best of luck - I’m sure you’ll find lots of opportunities for fun in your first year! Let me know if you have any further questions :smile:

Nina
University of Exeter Student Ambassador
Reply 4
Thanks very much Nina, that’s really good to know. Much appreciated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending