The Student Room Group

Foundation to Dentistry degree.

Basically looking at A*A*A at the end of A2, I have 1A* 8As and a C at CGSE, and I want to be a dentist.
My subjects are 2 humanities (History and Geography) and both of the English subjects. I was curious to know with the correct work experience (My mum is a dentist with friends in private practice who are willing to give me as much as I need) and my predicted grades do you feel I would be okay getting on to a Foundation into dentistry degree?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Original post by Nathan2899
Basically looking at A*A*A at the end of A2, I have 1A* 8As and a C at CGSE, and I want to be a dentist.
My subjects are 2 humanities (History and Geography) and both of the English subjects. I was curious to know with the correct work experience (My mum is a dentist with friends in private practice who are willing to give me as much as I need) and my predicted grades do you feel I would be okay getting on to a Foundation into dentistry degree?

I'm not a dentist or denistry student but from what is available online at many uni's you should be fine:
Manchester for example want AAA in 2 or 3 humanities subjects as you should have http://www.dentistry.manchester.ac.uk/undergraduate/foundation/?pg=3

Cardiff want
AAA with no more than one of Chemistry or Bio so again 2 or 3 humanities/physics/maths

Dundee want AAA at first sitting and no Science A-Levels

All criteria is clearly laid out on the uni websites.
Applying for dentistry at QMUL, King's, Dundee and Queen's Belfast.
GCSES 1A*, 4As, 5Bs
AS AABB (RS, Chemistry, Maths, Biology)
A2 predictions A*AA (RS, Chemistry, Maths)
UKCAT today.
EPQ on lung cancer, Grade A
Volunteering at Centre of the Cell, 2 weeks work exp at a care home, work exp at The royal london hospital in the anaesthetic dept. in November plus dental shadowing.

Any suggestions/comments?
Original post by Nathan2899

Hi,did you get into dentistry then?

Quick Reply

Latest