Nathan2899
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Basically looking at A*A*A at the end of A2, I have 1A* 8As and a C at CGSE, and I want to be a dentist.
My subjects are 2 humanities (History and Geography) and both of the English subjects. I was curious to know with the correct work experience (My mum is a dentist with friends in private practice who are willing to give me as much as I need) and my predicted grades do you feel I would be okay getting on to a Foundation into dentistry degree?
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses.

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :yy:

Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Tank Girl)
x
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Nathan2899)
Basically looking at A*A*A at the end of A2, I have 1A* 8As and a C at CGSE, and I want to be a dentist.
My subjects are 2 humanities (History and Geography) and both of the English subjects. I was curious to know with the correct work experience (My mum is a dentist with friends in private practice who are willing to give me as much as I need) and my predicted grades do you feel I would be okay getting on to a Foundation into dentistry degree?
I'm not a dentist or denistry student but from what is available online at many uni's you should be fine:
Manchester for example want AAA in 2 or 3 humanities subjects as you should have http://www.dentistry.manchester.ac.u...undation/?pg=3

Cardiff want
AAA with no more than one of Chemistry or Bio so again 2 or 3 humanities/physics/maths

Dundee want AAA at first sitting and no Science A-Levels

All criteria is clearly laid out on the uni websites.
Sunshine98
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Applying for dentistry at QMUL, King's, Dundee and Queen's Belfast.
GCSES 1A*, 4As, 5Bs
AS AABB (RS, Chemistry, Maths, Biology)
A2 predictions A*AA (RS, Chemistry, Maths)
UKCAT today.
EPQ on lung cancer, Grade A
Volunteering at Centre of the Cell, 2 weeks work exp at a care home, work exp at The royal london hospital in the anaesthetic dept. in November plus dental shadowing.

Any suggestions/comments?
snickerdoodle02
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Nathan2899)
Hi,did you get into dentistry then?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (398)
56.29%
I don't have everything I need (309)
43.71%

Watched Threads