The Student Room Group

Chemical engineering

Hi i am currently an A-Level student looking to apply for chemical engineering and was wondering in first year of uni is there anything you learn that can be related to a famous chemical engineer (looking for points for my personal statement :smile: )
Hey, I'm in the same position, I've been given advice from some chem eng students I know,
Basically what I've been told is to make a list of everything you've done, like Duke of Edinburgh or team sports you play, musical instruments you okay etc.., and explain how they have helped develop you as a person. But I also got told not not mention the same quality more than once as you are limited in the amount you are allowed to write(at least you are in scotland)
Reply 2
Original post by Sandidawson
Hey, I'm in the same position, I've been given advice from some chem eng students I know,
Basically what I've been told is to make a list of everything you've done, like Duke of Edinburgh or team sports you play, musical instruments you okay etc.., and explain how they have helped develop you as a person. But I also got told not not mention the same quality more than once as you are limited in the amount you are allowed to write(at least you are in scotland)

Really not that relevant for ChemEng

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by jneill
Really not that relevant for ChemEng

Posted from TSR Mobile

what would you suggest
Reply 4
Original post by jmensah_
what would you suggest

It's fine to talk a little about things like that. But 70% or so should be about your interest and passion for the subject you are applying for. Nearly everyone has DoE, it won't make you stand out as a potential engineer, unless you can tie it back to your subject.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by jneill
It's fine to talk a little about things like that. But 70% or so should be about your interest and passion for the subject you are applying for. Nearly everyone has DoE, it won't make you stand out as a potential engineer, unless you can tie it back to your subject.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Killaman shank 1

Quick Reply

Latest