The Student Room Group

Trying to find scheme for community work in the US.. help needed

Dear Student Room,

I am trying to find places where I can do volunteer or community work in the United States. The sort of things I am looking for are being involved in state towns and contributing to the education or culture of the particular place. It is something that Peace Corps does I believe over there directly.

I have looked into Summer Camp but was wondering what the best scheme/company was that provided this kind of work above? Overall would want use this as a way of travel as well.
Take a look at Workaway, because there may be placements along what you're looking for
Not sure if it's the sort of thing that you are interested in or not but I did an American summer camp with BUNAC a long time ago!! http://www.bunac.org/uk/work-abroad/summer-camp/summer-camp-exchange-usa I would recommend it to anyone, it was a great experience and it helped me to become a lot more self-confident. I also used it as an opportunity to travel and made sure that I let as many American girls here my English accent as possibe :P

-Ed

Quick Reply

Latest