The Student Room Group

Geography EPQ help

I'm currently starting my EPQ I have decided that I want to focus on geography, I like the idea of combining aspects of human and physical geography together to make up my research project. I have come up with the idea to investigate how social media has impacted responses to natural disasters, however i think that this is too broad and i am unable to come up with a specific title. Any ideas?
Original post by Livvy_Longley
I'm currently starting my EPQ I have decided that I want to focus on geography, I like the idea of combining aspects of human and physical geography together to make up my research project. I have come up with the idea to investigate how social media has impacted responses to natural disasters, however i think that this is too broad and i am unable to come up with a specific title. Any ideas?

Hi Livvy,

Have you discussed your ideas with your EPQ mentor or head of EPQ yet? They will be able to help you form a title using your interests :smile:
Reply 2
You could specify the natural disaster... Earthqukes. You could compare the two earthquakes in Chile... 1995 (8.0 manitude) and 2015 (8.3 magnitude). You could do other case studies aswell. This allows you to compare preperation, impacts and responses of the two events. The advance in technology is something you can discuss. And so on. Hope this helps.
Original post by dodo363
You could specify the natural disaster... Earthqukes. You could compare the two earthquakes in Chile... 1995 (8.0 manitude) and 2015 (8.3 magnitude). You could do other case studies aswell. This allows you to compare preperation, impacts and responses of the two events. The advance in technology is something you can discuss. And so on. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the advice! I like the idea of comparing two earthquakes to see how the advance in technology impacted responses, I'm going to talk to my mentor to sort out a title :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending