The Student Room Group

EPQ topic

I'm at a bit of a loss on what to choose for my epq topic. I want to do something history based, probably modern but I'm up to suggestions otherwise too. I think I'm overthinking things and I haven't found a topic I think I would enjoy yet.

Has anyone done a history epq and able to share what you did it on? Or just some general ideas of topics you think might be interesting?
Original post by m.he
I'm at a bit of a loss on what to choose for my epq topic. I want to do something history based, probably modern but I'm up to suggestions otherwise too. I think I'm overthinking things and I haven't found a topic I think I would enjoy yet.

Has anyone done a history epq and able to share what you did it on? Or just some general ideas of topics you think might be interesting?

Hi @m.he,
It is great to hear that you are doing an EPQ as I did one on a Geography topic and really enjoyed it. My advise would be to do it on an aspect of history that interests you that perhaps wasn't covered in your school curriculm. For example, at school I was always interested in natural hazards in Geography and did my EPQ on sinkholes, which is a natural hazard not included in the usual curriculum. You could get inspiration from looking at news articles on historical research currently being undertaken, as after all you need to ensure there is plenty of information to work with so that you can answer a targeted question. Also type in modern history on youtube to see if there is anything at engages you.

Good luck with deciding on a topic and completing your EPQ.
Megan :smile:
Third Year BSc(Hons) Geography Student
Reply 2
Thank you! this is really helpful :smile:

Original post by UniOfLincolnStudent
Hi @m.he,
It is great to hear that you are doing an EPQ as I did one on a Geography topic and really enjoyed it. My advise would be to do it on an aspect of history that interests you that perhaps wasn't covered in your school curriculm. For example, at school I was always interested in natural hazards in Geography and did my EPQ on sinkholes, which is a natural hazard not included in the usual curriculum. You could get inspiration from looking at news articles on historical research currently being undertaken, as after all you need to ensure there is plenty of information to work with so that you can answer a targeted question. Also type in modern history on youtube to see if there is anything at engages you.

Good luck with deciding on a topic and completing your EPQ.
Megan :smile:
Third Year BSc(Hons) Geography Student

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending