The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ClockEnderAFC
The love in between Liverpool and Dortmund fans is becoming quite annoying. Nothing wrong with having a laugh and sharing a beer with fans of other teams when on a euro away trip, but both sets of fans are pretty much sucking each other off now. Quite cringe worthy imo.

It's called respect, but no surprise the Arsenal fan base doesn't understand...
Obv I want us to win but I'd take a one goal defeat tbh, just as long as it's close going into the second leg.
Original post by Lúcio
It's called respect, but no surprise the Arsenal fan base doesn't understand...

Like I said, nothing wrong with friendliness and respect between fans but you lot are taking the piss.
Reply 6123
RIP
I just really want to see the team put up a good performance. It would be amazing if we win today though!
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
Like I said, nothing wrong with friendliness and respect between fans but you lot are taking the piss.

Not really. We have no reason to dislike Dortmund - they have brilliant atmosphere and support of their club, and we have Klopp in common.

It isn't over the top, it's nice.
The atmosphere inside that stadium is brilliant. Among the best I've ever seen.

Can you imagine being there right now?
Reply 6127
Original post by Lúcio
Not really. We have no reason to dislike Dortmund - they have brilliant atmosphere and support of their club, and we have Klopp in common.

It isn't over the top, it's nice.

Aye, nothing at all wrong with it. You are the Dortmund of the Premier League, and we're the Liverpool of the Bundesliga. The second leg will be an entirely different affair. After one of the teams lost (most likely), the friendship is pretty much on pause for the duration of the EL quarter finals I reckon.
We got completely opened up there. Lallana and Clyne oblivious.
They're so fluid it's ridiculous.

Sakho saves us with a brilliant block.
Original post by asdef-
Aye, nothing at all wrong with it. You are the Dortmund of the Premier League, and we're the Liverpool of the Bundesliga. The second leg will be an entirely different affair. After one of the teams lost (most likely), the friendship is pretty much on pause for the duration of the EL quarter finals I reckon.

Precisely. We aren't as good as you but our styles are similar and I don't mind that in the slightest.

The game tonight is just about us holding on to make the 2nd leg competitive. Maybe a goal on the counter if we're lucky but we can't afford to let you in so easily like just then.
How did Lovren not score then??!!!

What a miss.
Reply 6131
Original post by Lúcio
Precisely. We aren't as good as you but our styles are similar and I don't mind that in the slightest.

The game tonight is just about us holding on to make the 2nd leg competitive. Maybe a goal on the counter if we're lucky but we can't afford to let you in so easily like just then.

So far they're doing an excellent job holding off a team that is - on paper - better. Can go either way in my opinion. One/two solid counters and it's 2-0 Liverpool. Doubt we'd recover from that all too easily.
Original post by asdef-

Original post by Lúcio

Original post by asdef-
So far they're doing an excellent job holding off a team that is - on paper - better. Can go either way in my opinion. One/two solid counters and it's 2-0 Liverpool. Doubt we'd recover from that all too easily.

Well both teams have already had massive chances so I suppose it has cancelled out so far :tongue:

Perhaps, however with how freely you score I don't think being at Anfield will matter. Can't afford to switch off at all because let's be honest, we're facing a CL team here.
Reply 6134
Original post by Lúcio
Well both teams have already had massive chances so I suppose it has cancelled out so far :tongue:

Perhaps, however with how freely you score I don't think being at Anfield will matter. Can't afford to switch off at all because let's be honest, we're facing a CL team here.

You're being quite optimistic. You should be the Dortmund fan here! So far all I've seen from us is passes into nothingness and mistakes that don't happen on regular Saturdays :tongue:
Reply 6135
Original post by difeo

Man, thanks for joining us. You've truly blessed this thread with your presence.
Sakho keeping us in the game.
Origiiiiiiiiii

1-0
1-0 Origi!
BOOM!!

Latest