The Student Room Group

Medicine University help

I was wondering, which medical schools dont place a lot of emphasis on gcse's (i.e. you just have to meet the minimum requirements)?
Reply 1
Already far too mamy med school threads. Do a bit of research
P.s im a god
Reply 2
Original post by Jkoo22
Already far too mamy med school threads. Do a bit of research
P.s im a god

Time is not something that i have right now

p.s. dont talk if its not going to benefit the situation
Original post by qwerty123A
I was wondering, which medical schools dont place a lot of emphasis on gcse's (i.e. you just have to meet the minimum requirements)?

What are your GCSE's? All medical schools look at GCSE results, they just weigh them at diffrent amounts when choosing candidates.
Reply 4
Original post by FireDwarf2
What are your GCSE's? All medical schools look at GCSE results, they just weigh them at diffrent amounts when choosing candidates.

My GCSE's are terrible. Mostly B's and C's, but i got 4A's at AS if that amounts to anything..
Reply 5
Original post by qwerty123A
My GCSE's are terrible. Mostly B's and C's, but i got 4A's at AS if that amounts to anything..

Apply to Plymouth or Exeter. They accept modest grades at GCSE. Plus, your AS scores are quite good. I would also suggest to a fair amount of work experience to make sure you really are interested in Medicine.
Reply 6
Original post by SGHD26716
Apply to Plymouth or Exeter. They accept modest grades at GCSE. Plus, your AS scores are quite good. I would also suggest to a fair amount of work experience to make sure you really are interested in Medicine.

I was actually considering applying to both, you've made me a bit more confident in my considerations :smile:

thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending