The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough Uni any good? Architectural Engineering and Design Management

So I was doing some research on Architecture degree and Loughborough’s Architectural Engineering and Design Management really catches my eyes. It’s a 4 year degree with a placement year on the third year and form what I hear Loughborough has a very good contact with lots big companies and a lot of students get a job form where they did their placement year at straight after they got out of uni.
The uni itself is doing quite good on the ranking table at the moment but on another hand when I go to the architecture ranking table Loughborough is not even there so is it a good course?
Is it as good as it sound?
What sort of thing would I be doing on that course?
Will there be lots essays and exams? Or is it more coursework base?
I’m one of those do well in my coursework but really rubbish at exams and essays since English is my second language and I find it really hard to do essays and exams but when you ask me in person I can answer the question perfectly just not good at exams and essays. Will the course be suitable for me?
what are the other options out there?
Hi JoUni

Great to hear that you are considering applying to study at Loughborough :biggrin:

Our Engineering courses are very prestigious and well-recognised in the field. There are opportunities available to complete work placements with major employers in the industry, with the potential to secure permanent employment after graduation. All of our courses are accredited and the facilities at the Engineering School are outstanding - we are a leading recruiter of Engineering undergraduates in the UK and for Engineering placements.

Assessment for the courses involve a combination of examinations, coursework, projects and presentations - see http://www.lboro.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/departments/civil/architectural-eng-design-mgmt/

You can find details of the course structure at http://www.lboro.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/departments/civil/architectural-eng-design-mgmt/

For more specific information on the course details it might be worth contacting the School directly at [email protected] - they will be happy to chat with you about any course queries you have at this stage.

I hope this helps! Good luck with your application.

Amy
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending