The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Sussex applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mudkipleo
I don't think messaging them is gonna increase your chances of getting in. They'll probably answer after the January Deadline.

Saying that I met someone who was a judge for a debating competition I took part in who said they only got accepted by Leeds for badgering them so much, so who knows it might help
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Original post by bubblegumcat
anyone going on 23rd for applicant day?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I might be what degree are you doing
Original post by ElectronDonor
I might be what degree are you doing

chemistry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cbaker22
Congratulations :smile: I've applied for Journalism too!

They'll probably just try and assess if you're right for the course, maybe ask you about things in your personal statement or about current affairs.

Thank you :smile: Good luck to you too!

Thanks for the advise as well
Reply 184
Anyone still waiting for Sussex to respond? I've been waiting since October for a response and the other Universities I have applied to have responded all ready and have made offers. Just want an offer from Sussex to make them my firm...
Original post by NA2016
Anyone still waiting for Sussex to respond? I've been waiting since October for a response and the other Universities I have applied to have responded all ready and have made offers. Just want an offer from Sussex to make them my firm...

I think they'll start responding again by next week maybe? since Christmas holidays are nearly over

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NA2016

and also they might wait until the deadline is up and then proceed with responding to applications ..
Original post by NA2016

I'm still waiting and I applied in October, I applied for Journalism, I bugged them a bit via e-mail and twitter and eventually got an e-mail from them saying all the Journalism applicants would receive interviews which would be sorted out between Jan-March this year.
Original post by Kay_Winters
Saying that I met someone who was a judge for a debating competition I took part in who said they only got accepted by Leeds for badgering them so much, so who knows it might help

It actually helped in the end, they came back to me and told me what was going on.
I just had an email from admissions after they said that they couldn't find my application (EEK!) It was there, just under my full name (derp on my part) anyway, don't know if its a generic part to the bottom of the email but it says
"We will endeavor to transmit a formal decision as soon as we can and your patience during this busy time of the year is much appreciated."
Lots to go through and people to sort out I guess :-/
Just means Track is going to be on constant refresh!
Anyone been to an interview for journalism?
Reply 191
Original post by bubblegumcat
anyone going on 23rd for applicant day?

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh I am :biggrin:
Same 😅 Anyone applied for psychology?
I've applied for the foundation year for psychology :smile:
Original post by buddhaman
Mechanical engineering I live in Portsmouth

I'm from Portsmouth too lol, applying to pharmacy
Newport, South Wales - Biomedical Science, got an offer in October and have picked it as my firm, anyone else doing Biomed?
Original post by Heynongman
Hey people. Coming from the US, gonna be taking some film courses.

I'm going to be studying film as well, is Sussex your first choice?
Original post by PurpleHairTroll
I'm going to be studying film as well, is Sussex your first choice?

Yeah definitely. I'm actually an English major here in the states, are you familiar with their film program?
Anyone else still waiting for a reply from them? :frown: I thought that I'd at least hear something now that the UCAS deadline has passed. But still nothing.
Original post by NA2016

I'm in exactly the same position. I applied early November and I'm still waiting to hear from them and hopefully make them my firm if they offer me. So frustrating!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending