The Student Room Group

EPQ ideas to do with Economics and/or Politics?

Hi guys,
I'm currently doing my A-levels and AS politics but I'm considering taking EPQ instead of AS politics. My aim is to do either Economics or Economics and Politics at University. I think doing EPQ would make achieving the grades I need in my other subjects a lot easier than the AS as its less time consuming but I need a good idea for an essay before I make my decision!
Has anyone got any ideas?
I was thinking possibly something to do with the relationship between Economics and Politics but Im open to ideas on anything in Politics or Economics or a cross over.
Thank youuuuuu:smile::smile:
I did an Economics EPQ last year, and it was on the East Asian crisis of 1997.
Anything that is to do with macroeconomics will have international implications, and therefore, political ramifications.
What do you have so far?
Original post by H0PEL3SS
I did an Economics EPQ last year, and it was on the East Asian crisis of 1997.
Anything that is to do with macroeconomics will have international implications, and therefore, political ramifications.
What do you have so far?

So far I have absolutely nothing! Literally just started to think about doing EPQ as it sounds like I could do quite a lot with it.
Original post by BonkersAbbie97
So far I have absolutely nothing! Literally just started to think about doing EPQ as it sounds like I could do quite a lot with it.

I had a question right off the bat as I'd recently read a book on my title, which I adapted and then used.
Try reading something you're interested in, or anything on economics/politics and see where that gets you.
Even reading articles from the FT or The Economist could help you.

Quick Reply

Latest