The Student Room Group

Do you need A-level maths for Medicine??????????????

Please i need help....
Original post by Gilezzz
Please i need help....

Nope.
Original post by Gilezzz
Please i need help....

No. it is one of many A-levels that are acceptable. The most important are chemistry and biology. If you have both of those you can safely choose anything else.
Reply 3
Original post by Rickstahhh
Nope.

So if i get high grades for bio and chem is that enough? And how much volunteering do i have to do?
Reply 4
Original post by Good bloke
No. it is one of many A-levels that are acceptable. The most important are chemistry and biology. If you have both of those you can safely choose anything else.

How much volunteering will i need for medicine?
Original post by Gilezzz
How much volunteering will i need for medicine?

It is, I believe (and I am no expert) more a question of quality and what you learn about medicine from it.
Original post by Gilezzz
So if i get high grades for bio and chem is that enough? And how much volunteering do i have to do?

You will need AAA for most medical schools.
Some require A*AA/A*A*A

Having high grades for just bio and chem isn't enough. As you'll also need at least an A in your third subject.

Get as much work experience and volunteering as you can. But it is the quality not quantity!
In my case, I had 5 years at a charity shop. 3 months volunteering on hospital wards. 1 week volunteering at a care home. 1 week observing operations in theatre.
Plus make sure you have stuff outside of academia. Have some extra curricula activities such as sports or DofE etc...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending