The Student Room Group

choosing maths A-level combination

Is S1 and S2 (statistics) became deductible if pursuing particle physic or astrophysic?

thank you in advance
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Original post by Isna Ramadani
Is S1 and S2 (statistics) became deductible if pursuing particle physic or astrophysic?

thank you in advance

Whar does your question mean? I would have thought mechanocs options were preferable.
Reply 3

thank you in advance

Not sure what you're talking about.

Mechanics option is more preferable, but your Maths combination won't really matter.
Original post by Muttley79
Whar does your question mean? I would have thought mechanocs options were preferable.

well what i mean is, i would like not to take the statistics as my math combination, which address my question whether, it is sensible or not? since statistic is quite useful in particle physics itself :smile:
Original post by TSR Jessica
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

oh sorry for that thank you :u:
well what i mean is, i would like not to take the statistics as my math combination, which address my question whether, it is sensible or not? since statistic is quite useful in particle physics itself :smile:

I'd take mechanics modules - any statistics you need will be taught in your degree.
Original post by kkboyk
Not sure what you're talking about.

Mechanics option is more preferable, but your Maths combination won't really matter.

that is why i decided to ask this question, because mechanics is commonly more preferable, just to confirm

do you think it is sensible to choose the combination that one comfortable with rather than considering the whole aspect of fields in a subject? should it be strategical or comfort or even both?

thanks tho :h:
Original post by Muttley79
I'd take mechanics modules - any statistics you need will be taught in your degree.

well that confirm it thank you by the way:u::h:

Quick Reply

Latest